How do you get a "Window pop-up" to display for example a video or separate text box without leaving the current page. For example, if you click on a link to see a video, a window will pop-up on the same page you're in. Then the user when the video is done can just close the window to continue browsing the same page. Please let me know how this is done, currently I just created a separate page for the link to open the video alone...but this seems like a waste of page usage :(
Let me know, thanks!
There is definitely a way to have a link open in a new window, but it means that you need to do a little HTML editing. Here are the steps:
1. Add text using the text widget.
2. Select the text that you want the link and then click "insert link" on the text editing toolbar.
3. Create your link to your chosen URL as normal, click "OK".
4. Then click "HTML" - the last icon on the text editing toolbar.
5. You will see the code that looks like this for your link (I have used the text "Visit [Wikipedia](http://www.wikipedia.org) to see more information", with the link being on Wikipedia:
`Visit <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org">Wikipedia</a> to see more information<br>`
All you need to do is add in target="blank" as show below:
`Visit <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org" target="blank">Wikipedia</a> to see more information<br>`
Your link will then open in a new tab or window, depending on what browser your visitor is using.
Please note: current thinking in web usability circles is that links that open in a new window are a bad idea for a number of reasons. See: Beware of Opening Links in a New Window - http://www.sitepoint.com/article/bewa..., for a great article by a leading expert in the field.