can yola make a search site widget?
drag and trop, save publish, site search!
please yola, make this featuere!
Help get this topic noticed by sharing it on Twitter, Facebook, or email.
Although we do not currently have an integrated feature for site search, you can try out products such as Google's Custom Search Engine.
It is important to note that Google's Custom Search Engine will not work if your site has not been indexed by Google so make sure you have submitted your sitemap to Google before you install this on your website. Here is a link to our tutorial which will step you through verifying your site with Google Webmaster and submitting a sitemap. After you submit your sitemap to Google it can still take time for your site to be indexed. Google Webmaster Tutorial.
If you would like to give this a try, here is a link to get started: Google Custom Search and some help for setting it up.
1. Click Create Custom Search Engine
2. You will need to follow through the steps to set it up such as a Name, Description and Keywords that describe the content of your site.
3. In the field labeled "What do you want to Search?" click "Only sites I select".
4. If you want this to be a site search to only search your website put in your website address as such: http://mysite.synthasite.com (putting in your domain name).
5. The standard edition is free but will include some Google Ads; the Business Edition is $100 per year and will not include ads.
6. Agree to the Terms of Service and click Next.
7. You will now be able to try out the search engine you have created. Remember, if your site hasn't been indexed by Google, you will not receive any results. After you have tested it click Finish.
8. On this page you will see your Search Engine with three links next to it, Click Control Panel.
9. On this page you will see Control Panel: Your Search Engine Name, underneath this click on the link that says Code.
10. You will see a block of html code; please copy this entire block of code, which you will now add to your website.
11. Login to your Site Builder and drop an html widget onto the page where you want the search box to appear; now paste the code here and click OK.
You should now see your Custom search Engine. You will need to Save and Preview Page to see it work.
Good News!! (older)
Google Live search will now index your site within few minutes after publish. That means, your site search will become up-to-date even more.
Have fb , myspce or twitter ?
Don't worry, you can add them to Google CSE and deliver that results too!
Become a fan of Techrome and claim your premium membership!(first 200 only)