100MPG car but all I get is a placeholder page!

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
Placeholder page?
Still getting
Placeholder page instead of my pages. Can one of you tell me why this might be?
Check it out and wonder why. I did add a google search feature today which actually did not work right and I was going to try to fix... I will remove every one of these and see if it helps.
address is http://mollyokeeffe.synthasite.com/
Photo of Molly

Molly

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Molly,

I visited http://mollyokeeffe.synthasite.com/ and your site is working! Please click on refresh in your browser to see if you're still seeing the message.

If that doesn't work, could you let me know what browser you're using? (eg Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3 etc). Or log into your site in the Site Builder, click on Help in the top right and send an email by clicking on Contact Support.
Photo of Molly

Molly

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Marije,
Funny it is working in AOL browser but not Firefox, which I am using, it goes to placeholder page. Will check out Explorer and do as you suggest it it continues.
Photo of Molly

Molly

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mariji, it is still the same problem in Firefox but it is working in Explorer.
Wonder why this is?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Molly - got your email in Support, let me know if you don't get my reply?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
For the benefit of anyone else reading this thread:

The most likely reason why you are getting a placeholder page once your site is up and running on your domain is that the placeholder page has been cached by your browser. Try clicking "refresh" and your site should display.
Photo of Molly

Molly

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, yes Placeholder page was only coming up in one browser, in this case firefox, but not in others so clearing my cache fixed the problem.
To anyone else having this problem, here's how to clear your cache:
In Firefox, at the top of the browser, Go to the "tools" drop down the list to "clear private data" and then just check off "cache" and "clear private data now," that will do it.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Thanks for the extra information, Molly. I'm sure it will help other people.