10,000 Topics :)

• Praise
  • Updated 9 years ago
Big milestone for the Yola community here at GS.

10,000 topics posted in this forum.

BIg thanks to all the staff and community members.

Leave a shout out below to anyone who has helped you if you asked 1 of the 10,000 topics.

Bring on 100,000 :)

Lee.

http://hexham.info
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Ummm... you? William has helped a lot, littleus/sanja, emmy, ruth, marije, Ed, randy, and many more!
Photo of John McCarthy

John McCarthy

• 1292 Posts
  • 99 Reply Likes
developments at you can never be too smart ,stepping forward :D looking forward to seeing it
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
want a bit of a taste? I'm spreading off into subdomains and creating different sites for each one... health.youcanneverbetoosmart.com it's published but not fully functional yet, I'm just getting started on this section. Hope you don't also think it looks like pepto bismol LMAO. Some of the links aren't working yet just because I created the link before it actually exists lol.
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
I hope I didn't offend you with the pepto remark! I really do like your site, Donald. I think it gets more and more professional every day!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
no, it was actually honest LOL... it kinda does look like pepto bismol. However, I wanted to use the color red as a primary color for my health section... but I figured a red background would cause a lot of headaches, lol, so I figured I'd try pink with red headings... this gives it sort of a "health" kind of look.... kind of like the American Red Cross - they use red!

I'm thinking about using a space type image for the background for my astronomy section... but I need to first figure out how I can have one large image as the background but only visible in the section where text won't be such as outside the margins. I know there's codes for stuff like this.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
A special thankyou to sanja, boomer, ed, monique, emmy, ruth, marije, jeremy, christo and anyone else i forget at this moment.

Thank god you were all there to help.

:)
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Really, it's the community members and champs that make this forum so very special :)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Wow.. this truly is a milestone indeed! *\o/*

I am very proud of our community and all the members who actively help out each other. It's a real testament to the community spirit you have all helped to create and sustain. I know that many, including myself, have certainly enjoyed the camaraderie and learned so much from our forum members.

You guys all ROCK! :)
Photo of Techjar

Techjar

• 122 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Don't forget Donald, he made a lot!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
lol yea.
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
Thanks to all the employees, champs and everyone who asks or answers questions here! I have lots of bookmarks of topics, bits of code, etc. that I've either used or plan to use in the future. Couldn't do it without all of you! Thank you!
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Hmmm... 10 000 hey? And to think that, in amongst those, there some of Ed's mile long ones! And then on top of it he has topics within topics, like on his "all the fav's in one place". So... if Ed halved all his posts, there would be more like 11 000.

And... If Donald were less vocal and stopped talking to himself on his own posts, I suppose we would be back to 10 000, so maybe it's a true reflection. 10 000 it is!

Just having a bit of fun with you guy's, no offence :-)))

Well done!!

Like Lee said bring on 100 000.
I'll hopefully still be around for that milestone.

P.S. Maybe if John pulled his socks up we would have been at 11 000.
Anyone seen that guy lately?
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
lol, if you think I talk to myself a lot on here, you should see me at home, I discuss my website to myself... OUT LOUD so everyone can hear me! LOL, my 3 year old's always asking me, "what'd you say?"... oh nothing, just talking to myself!