123 reg domain to yola.

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I am trying to get my 123 reg domain name to come with me to yola. I have changed the DNS settings as instructed but when i go to publish it says An incorrect "A record" was found for edinburghbouncycastlehires.co.uk, but they are correct. What should i do? Just now i dont have a website published and i need it on.
Photo of samrobertmorris

samrobertmorris

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello samrobertmorris,

When I looked up your domain settings, it appears that you have correctly added the A records. It may have just needed a bit of time for the settings to propagate. Can you please try again to publish? If you still have trouble getting this to work, please drop us a line at support@yola.com and we can further assist.
Photo of ricky

ricky

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi

I work on behalf of 123-reg.

I can see that the web site edinburghbouncycastlehires.co.uk is now live.

Our support article below shows how to change DNS A records.

How do I point my domain name to an IP address?
http://123-support.co.uk/support/answ...

Regards,

Ricky
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi ricky,

I can see that your domain, edinburghbouncycastlehires.co.uk is pointed at Yola, that you only have one A Record pointing to Yola.

If you would like your domain to work correctly with the "www" prefix you need to make sure that your DNS settings are configured correctly to support the "www" prefix. For this you need to set up two A Records, by following the steps provided by your registrar in the link you pasted above.

Please note:
1. Some domain registrars require one A Record with the hostname "@" and one with the hostname "www".
2. Other domain registrars allow you to create one hostname called "domain.com" and another "www" (replace "domain" with your own address).
3. Both should point to our IP address: 184.72.229.176

I hope this answers your question. If not, let us know!