2012 Code Request - January

• Praise
  • Updated 7 years ago
Happy New Years EVERYONE! I hope everyone had a blast. Well once again im doing code request. Request a code now!

Please give lots of details when requesting code.

Javascript Scripting only!

Go ahead! Request a code! Don't be shy ;)

There is no 100% guarantee that I can make what you want.
I'm not the greatest with menu's. But I can still do them.
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
  • happy

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of 212nath

212nath

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey, could you make some sort of thing where you click a link and a light box pops up? And you can close it too. That would be great
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I've been busy these last couple of days but yes I can.
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I've got it done. But do have you any experience. In html. You might need it.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi Shawn, if you'd like to share your work on this thread by providing the code, that'd be great. Thanks for your great idea to offer these code threads!
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Stefan, really funny story. I lost it. And I'm trying to find it but its not showing. I will make another post for code requests right now.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
:-) I guess things like that happen – never mind. Thank you for going on adding so much value to user experience with Yola!
Photo of Laili

Laili

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Shawn,
Please tell me how to add an fb fan page which hides at the side and slides out on mouseover.

Actually I googled the codes but am not sure if it is safe for yola.

Thanks.
Photo of Laili

Laili

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Shawn,
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Please help me again here ..

I'd like to have a photo gallery like the one at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/filmstr...

I saw the source code but am confused of which css should I copy to the head section of my webpage.

I think I got the html right though.

Which is the correct css that I should take?

Thanks for your valuable help.
Photo of David

David

• 465 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
Hi Laili, Shawn may be busy, this is the css you need

<!--
<style type="text/css">
/* ================================================================
This copyright notice must be untouched at all times.

The original version of this stylesheet and the associated (x)html
is available at http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menu/filmstr...
Copyright (c) 2005-2009 Stu Nicholls. All rights reserved.
This stylesheet and the associated (x)html may be modified in any
way to fit your requirements.
=================================================================== */

/* defaults required for IE */
a, a:visited, a:hover, a:active, a:focus {color:#000;}

#holder {position:relative; background:url(filmstripv2/screen.png); padding:10px 0 10px 630px; width:120px; height:600px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; margin:0 auto;}
p.instructions {position:absolute; left:90px; top:100px; width:450px; font-size:13px; color:#069; line-height:20px; text-align:justify;}
#scrollContainer {width:115px; height:600px; overflow:auto;}

#scrollbox {padding:0; margin:0; width:92px; list-style:none; height:1720px;}
#scrollbox ul {padding:0; margin:0; list-style:none; position:absolute; left:-9999px; top:-9999px;}
#scrollbox table {border-collapse:collapse:width:0; height:0; margin:-4px;}
#scrollbox li {float:left; width:92px; height:86px; background:url(filmstripv2/35mm.gif);}

#scrollbox a {display:block; color:#999; text-decoration:none; width:92px; height:86px;}

#scrollbox a.slidea {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_7vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slideb {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_10ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidec {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_12vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slided {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_15vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidee {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_16vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidef {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_20vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slideg {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_21vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slideh {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_22vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidei {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_23ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidej {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_23vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidek {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_26vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidel {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_28ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidem {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_30ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.sliden {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_38ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slideo {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_38vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidep {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_39ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slideq {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_40ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slider {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_48vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slides {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_49vt.jpg) no-repeat center center;}
#scrollbox a.slidet {background:url(filmstripv2/pic_50ht.jpg) no-repeat center center;}

#scrollbox a img.thumb {width:60px; height:80px; display:block; padding:3px 16px; border:0;}

#scrollbox a:hover {border:0;}
#scrollbox a:hover img.thumb {display:none;}
#scrollbox :hover > a img.thumb {display:none;}

#scrollbox :hover ul {width:600px; height:600px; left:0; top:10px; padding-right:15px; padding-left:15px; background:transparent; z-index:100;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li {width:600px; height:600px; display:block; background:transparent;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li a {display:block; width:600px; height:600px;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li a img {display:block; border:0; margin:0 auto;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li.landscape a img {display:block; padding-top:75px;}

#scrollbox :hover ul li a span {position:absolute; left:-9999px; bottom:0;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li a:hover span b {display:block; font-size:16px; padding:0 0 10px 0;}

#scrollbox :hover ul li a:hover span {left:90px; bottom:0; padding:10px; width:430px; background:url(filmstripv2/backing.png); color:#fff; text-align:left; font-size:12px; line-height:18px;}
#scrollbox :hover ul li.landscape a:hover span {left:15px; bottom:75px; width:580px;}

</style>
-->
Photo of Laili

Laili

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi David,

Thanks for the css. I appreciate it.

Another question. If I want to have a second gallery which uses a different css (which I found at http://randsco.com/_miscPgs/cssZoomPZ...) , won't it upset the first css added?

Is it save to add this second css to the head section of my webpage?

Thanks again.
Photo of David

David

• 465 Posts
  • 94 Reply Likes
The safest thing to do would be to create a test page on your site and try the 2 galleries together, personally, for continuities sake I would only use one gallery, its similar to using different fonts on the same page.
Photo of Laili

Laili

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. I'll do that.

Appreciate your advice. Maybe one type of gallery is enough. :)
Photo of Jayloop

Jayloop

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Shawn,

Brianna said you could help me - how can I omit the post banner element in the Classic Line template? I can find it in the CSS, but am not sure how to omit it. It is the element below the main banner with the dark background and damask pattern.

Thanks,
Julie
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
I can if you give me the link of your site.
Photo of Jayloop

Jayloop

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks! I just started this one...it isn't published yet. Which link would you need or do I need to publish it?
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Um, no Ill just check out the Classic Line template really quick.
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Add the following code to the 'Site Tracking Code' section:

<style type="text/css">
.post_banner_element, .post_banner_shadow{
display:none !important;
}
</style>

Best Regards,
Shawn
Photo of Jayloop

Jayloop

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Great, it worked. One more thing - I can't get the background of the body area to change colours. It is a grey colour and I want white. How do I go about this?
Photo of Abdul Haq

Abdul Haq

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
jQuery Effect not working :(

i used this code:

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$("#hide").click(function(){
$("p").hide();
});
$("#show").click(function(){
$("p").show();
});
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p>If you click on the "Hide" button, I will disappear.</p>
<button id="hide">Hide</button>
<button id="show">Show</button>
</body>
</html>
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Abdul Haq,

It does work :)
Make sure that you have the jquery file.

Change:

<script type="text/javascript" src="jquery.js"></script>

To:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.1.js"></script>

Example:

http://jsfiddle.net/VQGNz/
Photo of Dominic Tompkins

Dominic Tompkins

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi i am using a tumblr blog on my site but its a bit plain cause its just white how can i add a bit of colour or a background to it?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Tumblr help.
Photo of mik

mik

• 172 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Shawn..

I've been having problems with some jquery and how to impliment it in yola.

I've downloaded the 3 jquery files from this site:

http://caroufredsel.frebsite.nl/examp...

made my code: see attachment with white background

and am now unable to actually fire the plug-in and add the function proportion of the code. (see black background attachment)

I'm hoping you can assist me with this.... :))

Cheers,

Mik

Photo of mik

mik

• 172 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
oh, and looking at the link I issued in the prev post, please let me know how many html widgets I will need to make this work... it's all a little confusing, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. thanks in advance.

Mik
Photo of Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'd really like a code for an issue I'm having. More information on a post I made:
http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/nee...

A reply on this post or that one would be nice. Thank you in advance.
Photo of Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I fixed the iframe issue and I'd like to replace it with another code I need. Sorry for another request, I hope it's not too much- this will probably be my last one for a long time hopefully. I'd like to have a basic comment box. All the one's I've seen have watermarks and simply don't fit with the purposes my webpage needs (example: the only free comment box I've seen has watermarks, text inside isn't right, width can't be edited but height can by codes, and so on). I'd like for there to be a name section and a small comment section, and comments will appear below. Is this possible? I can edit the text color and fonts and everything. All I need is the comment box itself. Thanks!
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Great! I'm trying to get the emailing system to work.
Also I delete all the comments that I make. So I will delete yours with it.
Photo of Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
edit: I need a seperate webpage for it then, I don't have dreamweaver (since yola doesn't understand PHP)..
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
if you make a serperate page that would be better.
Photo of Minecrafter

Minecrafter

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Seperate page in Yola? I did so, it's not working....
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
no, I was replying to:

I need a seperate webpage for it then, I don't have dreamweaver (since yola doesn't understand PHP)..

Also don't worry about that code, it wont work just like that...you need to code stuff your self.
Photo of mik

mik

• 172 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Shawn, any tips on my jquery issue?
no one seems to be able to assist with this.. on 3 threads now... :(
doesn't seem that complicated... but I need a heads up.. please try comment a solution for me. kind regards,

Mik
Photo of mik

mik

• 172 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
ok, so that I spam here no more, I've given an update on this thread: http://forum.yola.com/yola/topics/jqu...

please check it out... it would be so helpful for someone to answer a jquery like this... mik
Photo of Shawn Holman

Shawn Holman

• 486 Posts
  • 26 Reply Likes
Sorry I did didn't answer your question yet but look out. I will be making a new code request post.