2500+ photos

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
I have over 2500+ photos to add to my site. How do I do this quickly and painlessly?
Photo of Blaine

Blaine

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Mstgrr

Mstgrr

• 31 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hi Blaine,

The best way I can suggest is to upload your photos to a Flickr account (To help you upload your pics with as little sweat as possible, there is a cool image uploader that helps with uploading large quantities of images to Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/tools/uploadr/).

Drag the Flickr Lightbox widget onto your SynthaSite website to quickly create a sophisticated photo gallery - you input your Flickr ID details as well as a keyword Search.

For some more photo gallery ideas, give this tutorial a read - www.synthasite.com/tutorials/photo_ga...

I hope you come right, looking forward to seeing your photos!

tracy
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Blaine

In all honesty uploading 2500+ photos directly to your site is going to be neither quick nor painless! Having that many images in your file manager is definitely going to cause problems for you at this stage. We are working on improvements to the file manager that will make large numbers of files easier to manage, but even so uploading that many images is not going to be a trivial task.

For photo sharing on that scale I strongly recommend using Flickr. We have a great new widget called Flickr Lightbox that allows you to create a slick photo gallery by simply searching your Flickr email address and your photo tags. You can specify the search terms, number of results, number of columns and thumbnail size and the widget does the rest for you!

We are going to make improvements to this widget to give you greater control over the results, but for now this is the best advice I have for you.

Best wishes
Monique
Photo of gamedemon

gamedemon

• 216 Posts
  • 22 Reply Likes
Or you could just upload all of your images to photobucket or imagshack or something like that. I know that, in Photobucket, under each photo you upload will be the html code for the photo. Then post it on your site with the html widget. Photobucket lets you upload many photos at a time too.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Great tip gamedemon. Many people are using SynthaSite and Photobucket with great success.
Photo of Blaine

Blaine

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Now that i have my photos in photobucket, how do i add them in since the drop down for galleries doesn't have photobucket.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Blaine

I am glad to hear that you are making progress. Here is what you need to do:
1) Copy the HTML code for your photo from Photobucket.
2) In SynthaSite, drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page.
3) Post the code over the default text in the HTML editor and click "ok"

Let us know how it goes!
Photo of Munish

Munish

• 37 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I post about 10 images everyday on my website, that's no problem at all. But the problem is how to manage them in the file manager.
I mean now there ate about 50-60 pics in the file manager and it's so bulky (eventhough not tough to add new) but headache to see back to others