301 redirect error

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
When I edit my website kellysdrawings.com the page to publish still shows kellysdrawings.synthasite.com this is a causing a 301 redirect error
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
have you published to your domain name?
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Kelly,
Possibly I am not understanding your question properly. I have gone to your site http://kellysdrawings.com/ (great site, love the Dalmatians wagging their tails!) and it is not coming up as kellysdrawings.synthasite.com. Can you tell us more about what you see happening and we will assist further.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
well, I'm not sure there's anything wrong, just confused when i do a hub spot grader report and www.kellysdrawings.com grades at 15/100 with 21 inbound links, and kellysdrawings.com grades at 18/100 with 24 inbound links? should I just disregard this grading system? they suggest setting up a 301 redirect??? (no idea how to do that??)
if my website looks fine to you then I should probably not worry, right?

is this in any way significant to why my website is still not ranked in Google?
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hi Kelly,
What you are seeing is that some sites have linked to you as kellysdrawings.com and some have linked to you as www.kellysdrawings.com. The 301 redirect is an option and would need to be done with whoever your domain name registrar is. I have looked and see that your site has been indexed by Google! If you go to google's home page and put this into the search box you will see your indexed pages: site:kellysdrawings.com so everything looks great!

Emmy
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hi Kelly,

Is it marked as an error?
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Has your site been indexed?
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
no. (not as far as I can tell) And I am seeing some users visiting my site through my Google analyticals....
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
well, on the hub spot report it says it is indexing 5 pages.... is that what you mean?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
hi Kelly - it think if you want your question answered you should re explain it.

I dont understand your first question, as for the second part, you have links with www. and links without, dont worry about it, as long as people are getting to your site.

You can publish your site to both synthasite.com and your .com - this is also not a problem - just try to only give out the .com link.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
That will do Kelly. Thanks. The 301 simply indicates that some search engines treat www.domain.com separately to domain.com Google doesn't as far as I can work out. Google is our prime objective so I don't worry about it. Ranking is not related to this.

Time will get your rank there i think.
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Lee
actually I think you've answered my question. I'm incredibly bad at explaining my problem, sorry! but you seem to have got the jiist....

so basically, I'm not going to worry.

thank you
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
i'm glad your mind is at ease, Always worry mainly about your content and the rest will follow, good luck with your site, Lee.
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thanks Peter, I feel reassured now.

just another novice feeling my way around the web!!!!

thank you
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
@Lee. Did you catch that Lee. One of those issues that really clarifies itself once you are in the middle of it. happy to direct you to stuff if you want.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
i'm ok thanks Peter - i have 100 pages to style over the next 2 weeks - Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! Site launch is 15 of april.
Panic time. :)
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Good luck.
Deadlines. deep breath
Photo of kelly

kelly

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy