404 ERROR

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
WHY WHEN I SEARCH FOR MY SITE SINCE ADDING A NEW DOMAIN DO I SEE THE 404 ERROR ? THIS IS THE LIST OF REASONS FOR 404 ERRORS
•The Web page has been moved without a forwarding address
•The Web page has been deleted
•An incorrect URL has been entered into the browser address bar
•The Web page might be temporarily unavailable due to high Web traffic or lack of server space
CAN YOU ADVISE AS TO HOW TO RESOLVE THIS AND CAN MY NEW DOMAIN NAME OF WWW.ELALTD.CO.UK BE MADE THE PRIMARY ADDRESS WITH OUT GETTING BLOCKED BY SEARCH ENGINES FOR FORWARDING ?
Photo of Martin Bainbridge

Martin Bainbridge

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Martin,

The problem you are seeing with your new pages returning a 404 error message on your published site is a bug our engineering team is working on fixing right now.

We are not sure of the cause but one possibility is that there is a bit of a lag with our publisher. We have noticed that if you wait a few minutes and refresh, the page appears. However, it should be available immediately so there is definitely a bug that we need to fix.

We will let you know as soon as this has been remedied.

To change the primary domain, please see this tutorial: Assigning domains and creating a primary domain.
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Martin,

I was hoping to touch base with you on this error. It appears that everything has been sorted and I am able to pull your site up online without hesitation. Here is what I am seeing:

If you are still seeing an error message, please let us know. We'll be glad to investigate further if needed.