404 error: router.inc.php

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
Hi,

I'm getting the 404 error with the following message: "The requested URL /this/home/few.vu.nl/~sklarman/router.inc.php/ was not found on this server." Here's the link if you'd like to check it up: www.few.vu.nl/~sklarman. I believe it is a problem of the server, as a simple index.htm put in the same URL would open without troubles, and moreover all the conditions for hosting the website on a non-synthasite server have been satisfied. Any suggestions please?
Photo of Szymon

Szymon

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Szymon,

Are you hosting your site yourself, or are you hosting it with SynthaSite?
Photo of Szymon

Szymon

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ruth,

Yes I'm hosting it myself, but PLEASE don't give me the standard reply of "why don't I host it on the Synthesite server instead, as it's free and easier". I believe the fault is not on the side of the webserver but there is some bug in the code of the website that is generating this error. Could you just make sure it is not the case? I'll be very gratefull for your help. Apart from the problems with hosting I find the Synthasite enviroment very appealing and I would like to stick to it and use it for creating other websites as well, provided I'm able to go through the hosting process without unneccessary difficulties.

cheers,
Szymon
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Szymon

You are not going to like my answer, but I am going to have to give it to you anyway :-( We do not have access to your hosting environment, so it is nearly impossible for us to debug these issues.

The first step would be to publish your site to a SynthaSite subdomain as a test. If it works then at least we have eliminated the possibility of something being wrong with your index page.

After that I will need to ask you to contact your hosting provider for support.
Photo of Szymon

Szymon

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,

Thanks for your reply. Well, on the SynthaSite server the website works ok (www.klarman.synthasite.com), but on the other server it doesn't. I guess what I would like to know is what is the source of the problem so I could discuss it with the support staff of the server. I know for sure that php version is correct and that permissions are set appropriately. If I use a simple website ant the same URL it works fine. I also don't understand why the router.inc.php file is reported as missing.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
I have asked someone on our technical team to look at this issue and they also believe that the root cause is in your hosting environment. You need to contact them for the source of the problem. Neither the error message nor your success at publishing on our servers leads us to believe that there is an error in the code of your site. I am sorry that I can't be of more help with this.
Photo of Szymon

Szymon

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok, thank you anyway.