503 service unavailable on web page

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Solved
My pencil portrait gallery page will no longer load....it comes up with a 503 service unavailable. My page use to load fine and all the sudden it started this. I have not made any changes to my site at all to cause this. I have clients that are trying to view my work but they can't so I am loosing money.
Please tell me what is causing this and what I can do to resolve it.
Here is the link to the page I am having problems with.
http://www.theironpencil.com/pencil-p...
Photo of Lynn Burdette Boivin

Lynn Burdette Boivin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • angry

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Lynn,

Have you had reports from other people that they can't see the page? I'm able to access the page:

Could you try clicking on the Refresh button in your browser and coming back to us if the error is still appearing?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Lynn,

I've spoken to our engineers and this is what is happening:

You have 21 individual Flickr Widgets on that page (of a picture each) and this will cause a lot of load when loading your page. Each Flickr Widget sends a request to Flickr to search and display the image on your page. If there are too many requests and it's taking too long, then there is a time-out - which is what is happening to you.

Unfortunately this isn't something that we can fix immediately and we hope to have smarter Flickr Widgets in the future. You can solve the problem by either tagging the pictures with more general tags and then displaying more pictures in one Flickr Widget rather than many separate Flickr Widgets, or use the Picture Widget available on Yola to display your images.

I hope that makes sense (I know it's a bit techie). If you need any other information, please let us know.
Photo of Lynn Burdette Boivin

Lynn Burdette Boivin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for your help....I kinda wondered if that was the problem.

To answer your first question....yes, I have other people not being able to access the page, in fact this is how I came to find out about the problem someone emailed me letting me know.

I will rebuild the site or something to make it easier to load. I really liked the capability to be able to load each picture that way and it looked more professional so I am disappointed that I can't have it this way. Oh well....

Thanks for your help....it is very much appreciated.
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Lynn,

You can still use the Flickr Widgets, but you would rather need to retag your Flickr images with general tags and display more pictures in one Flickr Widget. So instead of 21 individual Flickr Widgets on the page, have 5 (for example).

If you need more information, please let us know.