".gif" images not animating anymore - since Dec.2013

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
ok - this has been driving me crazy - ".gif" images are not loading/animating anymore - they used to load and animate just fine using the image upload widget (.gif images posted with the image loader widget before December 2013 ago still load perfectly) ... - but if i go in now to upload a new ".gif" the animation does not work
Photo of Brian L Miller

Brian L Miller

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Brian

We're not aware of any general problem with adding .gif files to Yola, and I can't replicate the error you're reporting. When I add .gif files to a test site, it works fine for me.

I'd like to test this in your Yola account directly. As I can see multiple sites in your account, can you please tell me for which site and on which page you're having difficulty adding .gif images?
Photo of Brian L Miller

Brian L Miller

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi i just emailed you back but just in case its not one of those addresses you can reply to :: heres the message I just sent you.

HI - thank you soooo much for helping... i created 2 pages showing and giving detail examples on whats going on :
go here and i tried to explain it all
http://www.spaceadvertise.com/test.php
Photo of Boomer

Boomer, Champion

• 2055 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

I think I see the problem. When I look at the top image on your page, I see that it has been "optimized".

Animated GIFs store information for multiple images and present them in sequence to create the illusion of animation. When working with animated GIFs in the Sitebuilder, make sure that the "optimize button" is switched off. You will find it when you click on the little edit icon above the image.