If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
i want to put a code in between >HEAD and HEAD< TAGS
I want to put a code in which enables me to make all my links open in a new window. instead of doint this on individual pages.
Here is the code ive found :
How do i do this
Hoping you can help me out
Here is a alternative way to open links in a new window, you can try these steps if you wish to:
1. Add text using the text widget
2. Select the text that you want the link and then click "insert link" on the text editing toolbar
3. Create your link to your chosen URL as normal, click ok
4. Then click "HTML" - the last icon on the text editing toolbar
5. You will see the code that looks like this for your link (I have used the text "Visit Wikipedia to see more information", with the link being on Wikipedia:
<!-- Visit <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org">Wikipedia&l...> to see more information<br>
All you need to do is add in target="blank" as show below:
Visit <a href="http://www.wikipedia.org" target="blank">Wikipedia</a> to see more information<br> -->
Your link will then open in a new tab or window, depending on what browser your visitor is using.
Please note: current thinking in web usability circles is that links that open in a new window are a bad idea for a number of reasons. See: Beware of http://www.sitepoint.com/article/bewa..., for a great article by a leading expert in the field.