"It works!" and 404 errors - what to do?

• Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Solved
Hi

I run a blog via Yola called Theme Park Post. Am currently getting a lot of errors where it either says that my URL/main page "Works" but that I now need to add content, or I get a 404 error on specific blog pages. The site has been up for +1.5 years and is full of content, so a bit concerning. This is not the first time this happens and when I refresh enough, the page comes back. The problem is that my readers do not....so want to avoid it.

On a past forum Yola stated it took their engineers to get it fixed, so not sure what the best course of action is.

I also know others see the errors because I have been told, so pretty sure it's not doing any good. It fixes itself after a while but want to avoid it happens- can someone help/advise? Thanks.
Photo of ThemeParkPost

ThemeParkPost

• 38 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello ThemeParkPost

Our apologies for the late reply. I tried to find your Yola account in our system using the e-mail address of your Get Satisfaction profile, but wasn't able to find you. Please post the URL of your Yola website or your login e-mail address here (not your password) for me to bring this to our engineers' attention.

Thank you for your further patience and cooperation!
Photo of ThemeParkPost

ThemeParkPost

• 38 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi,

Thanks - have been off the grid for a few days, here it is -

www.themeparkpost.com

Seems to be better but I do see a lot of 404's on my Google webmaster

Thanks again
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello ThemeParkPost

And on which of your websites does the blog problem occur?
Can you explain again what you mean by "I do see a lot of 404's on my Google webmaster"? Is that related to a Yola site or our website/Sitebuilder?
Photo of ThemeParkPost

ThemeParkPost

• 38 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi,

It's the www.themeparkpost.com site specifically - On google webmaster I get errors like the following being logged (in total 16 "not found")

http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/ta...
404 (Not found)

unavailable
Jan 31, 2012

And it still says 'No posts were found." if I click on the link directly, but it DOES work if I click on the post when it is in the normal front page feed.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello ThemeParkPost

I have brought this problem to our engineers' attention as it seems to be specific of your account. It can take a while to solve the issue. I'd like to ask you for your further patience, and thank you for your cooperation. We will keep you posted.
Photo of ThemeParkPost

ThemeParkPost

• 38 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello ThemeParkPost

I know it has taken a while, sorry for that, but here is the answer of our engineer who looked after the issue that you reported:

"Not sure where Google got that link from, but

http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/tag/index/2012050-busch-gardens-installs-final-piece-of-its-multi-launch-coaster-track

is not valid, that URL tries to look for a tag named 'index'.

What I suppose the user is trying to do is to display the blog post:

http://www.themeparkpost.com/index/2012050-busch-gardens-installs-final-piece-of-its-multi-launch-coaster-track

Summary: Most likely the user created a custom link with an invalid format. If it is a bug on our side, I would need to know where that invalid link was to look into it further."

Please let me know if this sorts out your problem or if you have further questions. Thanks.