Local Boost subscribers unable to input business address

• Problem
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: problem solved

Yola great idea the new local boost feature:

However the set up form is only designed for USA customers, as it's asking for a ZIP code, Phone Number (10 digits - however UK numbers are 11) and State!

I've just paid the money and cannot use the feature

Also the list of occupation groups does not include DJ's or music performers

My log in email is megamixevents@gmail.com

Please help ASAP
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi megamixevents,

Thanks for the alert on this as it appears as if it's a sudden death transaction. {Warning of there not being a refund}

I can't see the structure of the sign up without getting into the commitment so I'm wondering if there's a country selection in the process? Is it a Yola developed product would you say or a business partnership deal? ( I'm thinking, if it's a partnership then maybe we can identify it and go to the primary source to see how they work this around?) If it's a pure Yola product then .................!

If people are wondering what this is referring to you will see it in My Yola as shown in the capture below.

It's quite an expensive product as well so be warned people.
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I have contacted customer services who said it should have picked my IP address up and therefore realised I'm from the UK. Once you have paid the fee which seems extremely reasonable I must add it gives NO OPTION to select your country and just assumes your from the US.

The amount is shown in £ and customer services advised me this new Local Boost is currently only for USA and UK customers.

As we do not have states, zip codes or 10 digit telephone numbers in the UK, I cannot complete the set up process so I'm completely stuck. This new feature I believe is solely run by Yola and not a third party feature.

I would strongly urge anyone from the UK to hold off until this issue is sorted, however the price seems very good and would probably encourage many of you to purchase this quickly before the price goes up on demand.
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was only I would receive an email to my problem within a few minutes but still waiting for a reply which has been 30 minutes now.

It's annoying when things like this have happened especially when you have made money
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi megamixevents,

Good news, for some reason your country code was set to US. I have updated this in your account to UK so you will now be able to enter your 11 digit number.

There are numerous categories that apply to musical performers.

Under the heading Arts and Entertainment I found "Musical groups and Artists" as well as "Other Performing Arts" and "Independent Artists, Writers and Performers." I think any one of those categories could apply to your website.
Photo of Mark Dutton

Mark Dutton

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've just done exactly the same thing and got the same result, I too cant enter any details, my log in email is dutt100@virginmedia.com
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Mark,

Your country code has also been updated to the UK so you can begin set up now and our engineers are investigating why the country code is not being recorded correctly upon sign up.
Photo of Mark Dutton

Mark Dutton

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
cheers, yes it's working now
Photo of Mark Dutton

Mark Dutton

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im still having no joy, if i enter Mel and the MicroPigs into our facebbok page it comes up with enter a valid value and the additional business inormation page just hangs with a message saying 'loading'.

also what is a logo url
Photo of Theresa Cashin Kerr

Theresa Cashin Kerr

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Local Boost Business Listing is not allowing me to enter my Canadian business address.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Local Boost Business Listing.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Theresa,

I have updated your country code to Canada so you can input your address properly.
Photo of Theresa Cashin Kerr

Theresa Cashin Kerr

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Laura,

I've tried to update my information and it's now coming back with a new message ..."There is a problem with the information you submitted. Please check the formatting and try again." I'm not really sure what the error is because it's not indicating what the problem is.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Theresa,

I changed the country code for the account associated with the email address you use on this forum, but upon closer inspection I see there are no payments with this account so it is not the same account you subscribed to local boost with. Can you please reply with the website address of the site you are trying to submit so we can make sure your account is set up properly?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
An update: Our engineers have located the problem causing some country codes not to be added properly to Local Boost accounts. This prevents you from entering your business address and proceeding with your account set up. They are busy adding a country selector screen that will be visible during sign up and will insure the correct country code is assigned. We expect to launch this in the next day or so. In the meantime, please reply here with your website address or submit a request to support here with your account email and your correct country code and we will update your account immediately allowing you to continue with your signup.

We're very sorry for any frustration or inconvenience this may cause you.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
I can only interpret from this that it hasn't been tested. Certainly not been through a QC challenge.

Immediately released and charging people money for an untested facility?
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Well Gop you have assumed the worst and I am not quite sure how to respond. On the one hand we let a bug get through and that is a bad thing. We are embarrassed about it and happy that we were able to fix it quickly. On the other hand I know for an absolute fact that this was tested pre-release. Unfortunately the bug related to a condition which was not simulated during testing because the testers did not consider that some users would have the incorrect country code on their accounts. Definitely an oversight and trust me they feel horrible about it. But not deliberate negligence in the way that you have characterized it.

I would also like to point out that we would of course either fix the problem or refund any affected customer. We are not out to deliberately treat customers badly, no matter how much you may think this of us.

While we have released this we have not begun actively marketing it. The reason for this is that we are aware that sometimes bugs emerge on newly released products that were missed during testing. Obviously we don't intend for this to happen but we know that with the best will in the world sometimes it does. The only way to deal with this is to watch and fix as soon as possible and only start promoting once we are really confident that the feature is stable. And of course take care of any affected early adopters should they run into bugs. That is exactly what we have done in this instance.

So to sum up: did we release and charge for something we did not bother to test? Absolutely not! Did we miss a bug during testing? Most definitely! Our bad, we are very sorry and happy to have it sorted.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
No mention or implication of deliberately treating customers badly khun Monique. That's reactionary and defensive. It is the result of inadequate QC and ineffective pre testing; my point.

The inclusion of the option in My Yola looks very much like an element of promotion and hardly missed by users wandering past
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've also noticed several error messages that come up on most of the pages, however it does not tell you what the exact errors actually are.

I found one of the pages that asks for key words it kept coming up with an error message, I think it was because I had placed too many tags on there so I cut it down by half and the page was accepted.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We do not ask for keywords in Local Boost so I am wondering if you are referring to the Sitebuilder? If you can send along a screenshot of the error you are referring to I'm happy to look into that for you.
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I meant the questions below but it doesn't tell you how many words you can put into the boxes before you submit and the error message shows.

So your sat there thinking 'well what is the problem',

Products Carried:
(separate with commas)
Services Offered:
(separate with commas)
Photo of megamixevents

megamixevents

• 21 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So in essence you make an error on the forms but Yola doesn't tell you what the error is
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Thanks for that additional information. I have shared with the Product Manager for Local Boost so we can consider a better way to handle that such as listing a character limit or at least adding in a more informative error message.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
We released a country selector into the sign up for Local Boost last night that will force your country code to be set properly. Again, we apologize for the frustration and inconvenience during your initial set up.
Photo of admin

admin

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
My status under the local boost is still showing 'Not Listed' and hasn't even been submitted by at least one search engine yet.

Any info on this please?

100% Completed
Basic Information update
Social Media update
Service Details update
Additional Business Information update

Last verified: N/A
Next verification: N/A
Directories entered: 0
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi admin,

That is completely normal. When logged into your My Yola account and in the Local Boost page you should see a message that says, "Please be patient. It will take 60-90 days for your site to show up in all directories." as shown in the screenshot below. It does take some time but the good news is, all your work is done, Local Boost will take care of the rest!

Photo of admin

admin

• 22 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thanks