Account downgrade?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
How do I downgrade my account from silver to bronze - my account expires next week. I want to keep my site and domain, but the bronze account is sufficient.
Photo of Graham Yutar

Graham Yutar

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Graham

It is definitely possible to downgrade your account from Yola Silver to Yola Bronze. At the moment, this entails you canceling your Yola Silver subscription and, once your subscription period has elapsed, purchasing Yola Bronze.

Please note that, due to the nature of this process your website hosting will be disabled when your Yola Silver subscription expires. You will need to purchase Yola Bronze promptly to ensure the continued availability of your website.

Here's how to cancel Yola Silver:
  1. Log in to My Yola.

2. Click on "Account" in the left-hand menu.

3. Click on "Cancel" next to your subscription information.

4. Confirm that you wish to cancel.

5. Your Yola Silver subscription will be canceled.

Once your subscription has expired, you can upgrade to Yola Bronze by clicking the Get it button on our Pricing page.

Please let us know if you have any futher questions on this.
Photo of scttwms

scttwms

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This does not work! There is nowhere on the account page that shows "Subscription" and no "Cancel."

No way to downgrade from Silver. Obviously they intend to keep subscriptions going by introducing hassle barriers to unsubscribing. Bad business. It makes me think Yola is run by fecal wads.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello scttwms

I'm sorry you are finding it difficult to downgrade your account. It is not our intention to make it a challenge, but it is common for subscription services to request account status change requests to be made direct to ensure we have the opportunity to see if we can assist you with any issues you may be having.

Please send us your downgrade request using our Contact Support Form. Thank you for your understanding.
Photo of Liliana Martinez-Criego

Liliana Martinez-Criego

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Same problem here. Nowhere to find how to downgrade. You guys really make it difficult. And I submitted the form already... With absolutely no answer. I have also placed a call. No matter what time I call.. It' s always out of business hours for you. So, I am making it public. I AM ASKING YOLA NOT TO RENEW MY SILVER ACCOUNT. Thanks.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Liliana

Can you please provide the e-mail address you used when sending us a message via our Contact Support Form? I'd like to check if we didn't get your e-mail and to respond to you via e-mail. As soon as we can connect you with your Yola account, we'll be able to turn off auto-renewal for you.

For the business hours of our Yola Call Centre please refer to this tutorial.
Photo of Carol Corbett

Carol Corbett

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I wish to downgrade my account from Silver to Bronze. I see the last person on this forum had problems too!! can someone help? thanks.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
See your other thread for direction on this query.