Account suspended

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Hi there why is my account suspended, yes i am not using yola silver anymore but it says if i lower all the file sizes etc then i can host on the free plan ?

It keeps un publishing my site. sometimes its there sometimes i get this image below ?

So is it not allowed now to host on free plan ?
Photo of justin fantham

justin fantham

• 301 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Justin,

You can publish free on a Yolasite subdomain but not with a custom domain as the DNS facility isn't active on the Yola free.

Any CSS over-rides won't be carried through on a free plan to a subdomain as this is a feature of Silver.
Photo of justin fantham

justin fantham

• 301 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Ah thanks, for that. Ok so if i have the subdomain, i can set the mjs-internet-traffic.co.uk to forward at my domain registrar

How do i set up a yolasite subdomain ?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Not quite a straight answer on this one either. If you bought the domain through Yola then this would need to be manged by them as you have lost the DNS management facilities you had with paid hosting. There is another technique called masking which somehow re-directs users from your sub-domain on Yola to another domain somewhere else. That would depend on your other registrar's facilities.

If you're not going to re-subscribe to Yola paid subscription then probably your only option is to move your domain to another registrar. Domain registration is always a paid for service and each registrar or host-registrar does it differently.

If your domain was purchased through another registrar and not managed by Yola then you would need to go to that registrar to do that. Just check also that your domain is still current?

To publish your site to a sub-domain: Unpublish it from your custom domain then re-publish to a sub-domain. Let's know if you want the directions
Photo of justin fantham

justin fantham

• 301 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah was purchased elsewhere and is still current so i can do that :-)

How do i pulblish the site under the yola sub domain ?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Here's the Tutorial for this Justin. https://www.yola.com/tutorials/articl...
Photo of justin fantham

justin fantham

• 301 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi there so i set up forwarding at my domain registrar and all i get is this page :

What am i doing wrong ?

Do i need yola's nameservers ?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
What specifically have you done? It looks as if you are pointing an external domain, mjs-internet-traffic.co.uk, to Yola for use to publish a yola built site to a custom domain. This has nothing to do with publishing to a sub-domain?

Yola doesn't have name servers so no is the answer.
Photo of justin fantham

justin fantham

• 301 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
What I'm trying to do is point my domain name to my yolasite sub domain
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You can only point your external domain to publish your site to if you have a paid for Yola subscription not a free subscription.