Account verification email..... Where is it?

• Problem
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Solved
I opened up a new account yesterday, and I keep getting a message about not verifying my account.

I have this message on my site page, "Your account has not yet been verified, please click on the link inside the email we sent you during signup. You can still use your SynthaSite account in the meantime. Click here if you did not receive the verification email.".

Well, I've clicked the link to receive a verification email, several times, and I still haven't gotten the email to verify my account.

Is there a way to work around this problem? I've checked my account details and everything looks okay, I even added SynthaSite to my contact list so it won't be filtered as junk mail, and I still haven't gotten this email.

Please help!
Photo of Adrastia

Adrastia

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • irritated

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Adrastia,

The email will be from no-reply@synthasite.com, and double-checking your junkmail folder is always a good idea!

Alternatively, could you check that the email address you've used when you registered was added correctly? You can do this by logging in, on the My Sites tab, click on 'Edit' and your account information will appear.

Please know that your account will not be deleted and your sites will be fine!

Please let us know if none of the above works or contact us in support@synthasite.com

Regards,
Marije
Photo of pretty mommy

pretty mommy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
please help about my myspace
Photo of JJ

JJ

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
email address is correct. I am receiving emails from Synthasite, but they only say Welcome to Synthasite and have some quick tips and a link to technical problems. I even clicked that just in case. I keep receiving the same notice that my account has not been verified because I didn't respond. Each time I request another link, I receive the same thing. Today I asked again for another email, this time I got nothing.
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Have you checked your spam filters, JJ.
Photo of Adrastia

Adrastia

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I already did all that before I asked for help. Everything checked out and looked okay, I even added Synthasite to my contacts to ensure that all email wouldn't be filtered as spam.

Anywho...
I don't know how it happened, but the message dissappeared.
I did however, receive a email from the Get Satisfaction boards to verify my email. Was this the email the message was talking about?
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Adrastia,

If the message no longer appears under the "my site" tab when you log into Synthasite, then your account has been verified. The email from Get Satisfaction was not the email you were awaiting from us. We have a forum in GS and they are just verifying your email.

Regards,
Kershnee
Photo of Ray

Ray

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
COOL!
Photo of Leslie

Leslie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have the same problem. I signed up to this site over 3 hours ago and never received an email. I've checked my profile and the email address is fine. I checked my spam folder and nothing is there. I clicked on the link to report not getting an email and that didn't work either. My email address is on AOL - has that been a problem with other people?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Leslie,

AOL email addresses seem to have more problems than others receiving emails from us.

Please note that while we like you to verify your email address, it does not affect your ability to edit or publish your site if the process is not complete.
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am having identical problems as all the ones listed. I have done every step or idea everyone has suggested, but still no email? If I am unable to verify my account, will that prevent me from publishing my site??
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Julie,

There are a few things you can check:
* Check your spam filters to make sure the verification email hasn't ended up there.
* Your email host may have rejected the email.
* You might have accidentally typed your email address incorrectly, which is why the verification email is not being delivered to your address. If you still do not receive your verification email contact support@yola.com.

Please note that although we ask you to verify your email address you can build and publish your sites without doing so. This will have no adverse effect on your site or your account.
Photo of Luc

Luc

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am Having this Problem also ... It is not in the Spam folder :) and ofc it can't be a typo in the E-mail address or we couldn't log In to our Yola site in the first place could we :p ... heheh , No offence but the "Process of Deduction!" is the most practical way forward to Problem Solving ;)

On a related side note ... the "Get Help" and "Tutorials" etc. related to Yola Website Building are good , quite concise , but so so basic. (i.e. I already worked out all the obvious stuff myself , but simple things like setting a neutral background , changing text colour (of Links) , switching Index page & much more seems to be eluding me) :)

Btw , I have no previous experience at Website Design ... But I am Computer literate and have spent well over 24 Intensive hours researching and trying to learn how to go about this whole "FREE" process and Setup :D

From what I've read so far The Yolo Community seem very considering and eager to help Newcomers like myself , So I await correspondance patiently with anticipation for results :) (Hurry up will ya lol)

Oh , and while I'm here I may aswell ask a few more questions ...
Is it really OK to "Publish" my site on the Interweb even while still a rough draught ? ... Or is this considered "Not Cricket" as some of us Aussies may say ;) (Not Good Form) ?

Is there a better more customizable Template than the "Cleanslate" one I am using ?

Any suggestions on these "Mini Forums" or any Forum setup ? ... I am familiar with using Forums No Doubt ... But How much Expertise and/or Dedication is required to Host one?

O.k. Enough for now , I assume I will have to sign up here now to upload this post anyway so then I guess this is the best place for Yola Support? ... I Guess Yes. :)

Thankyou in Advance,

Luc
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Luc

Welcome aboard to Yola!! It's great to have newcomers. You will find this forum to be a valuable source of information and advice. Let me try to address the questions you brought up in your post.

1. There are a number of different templates available, some of which can be customized. As you have discovered, "Cleanslate" is one of them. The Yola style guide gives you a great idea of which template can be customized and to what extent. Some only allow you to upload your own banner, while others allow you to upload own banner and change the background. Here's the Yola Style Guide: http://www.yola.com/yola-style-guide

2. You had asked about changing color of links, switching Index pages, etc.... This forum is where you can ask all those questions. I would suggest that you make use of the search bar at the top of the forum for your questions as I'm sure your questions have been asked before. If you're ever stuck or cannot find the answer, we are always willing to help.

3. You can publish at anytime, even if it's a rough draft. Just be aware that when you do publish, this means it's live - so people who do visit your site will see what you see. If you don't want people to see your work in progress, I suggest that you either "hide the pages" you're working on, or password protect those pages or simply unpublish again until you're ready to show the world your site.

I hope you will enjoy your site-building experience and we look forward to seeing what you've created!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
littleus has given you some great information Luc, thanks littleus! I would also like to extend a welcome to Yola, we are glad you have joined us! If we can ever help please let us know.
Photo of Luc

Luc

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
Thanx for the speedy response and welcome littleus :)
And thankyou to Emmy also.:)

Was having some Satellite issues early this morning so I couldn't reply right away as I would have liked.
Yes I had searched around for those topics , the "colour of the Links , Menu Pages" seems like a tricky one? ...I would have thought considering all the features available on The Yola SiteBuilder , that something to address this issue could be easily implemented?? :) Ah whadda I know anyway :D heheh

And I guess I'll try and scour all the templates again ( I know I can change them and suss them out at anytime , but this takes a long time)
Banners and Backgrounds are no worries (Except that not being able to change some of the Text colours of course makes it a bit tricky , Cleanslate page tabs and Links are black :( ) .. anyway .. enough about that.

I will create my own topic in the near future for the other questions I may have.

BUT ... This topic is about the Account Verification E-mail see? :)
So ... any ideas about that? ... :p heheh

(And If I could just ask one more quick question for the Road) :D ...
Do Constant changes made in Editing your pages (Like changing colours , backgrounds , layouts multiple times) ... Does This Effect the efficiency of the Pages loading times?
The reason I ask is because it looks like that is what is happening when the Page is Previewed ... Am I better off practising like with a rought draught on these (Intensly edited) Pages and then when It's all planned out start anew with a "CleanSlate" ??
(No Pun intended) :)

Thankyou,

Luc

P.s. Not sure how many people here would be interested in My Site , in fact I'm so hesitant to Publish it and even too anxious to even tell you the name of right now it lol ... It's tackling a fairly sensative issue So I'm probably wise to be wary.
O.k. well...
I'm a bit of an alternate myself , somewhat of an activist and I live near Nimbin ;) heheh , any ideas?
But aside from the activism (which just even publishing the site will be a form of) ... "Alternative" Culture in Varying forms , Education and hopefully lots of Wierd and Wonderful Fun will be the flavour of it :)
(I hope that the content wouldn't put anyone off helping me with my site here?? , What do you think?)
I picture an archive full of all the varied genres of (some once rare) "Media" that it has taken me and others many years and hours too seek out Online and Abroad ... and to compile it all concisly in one place (With content being added constantly) ... But this will not happen in the near future :) , not because it can't ... but due to time (and space), and it would require a few small investments that I'm not prepared to make with so little experience in the matter. :)

Sorry to be so long winded , thanx for your consideration :D

(P.s.s. Please tell me do you think I should put all this down into 1 Topic of my own? ... How conservative are people here in general? Would they enjoy my Ramblings and Whacky style or should I stick to the Formalities? I know only a select few will read this here. Do I ask too many Questions? lol)

O.k. Bye Now. :D
Photo of Luc

Luc

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
Thanx for the speedy response and welcome littleus :)
And thankyou to Emmy also.:)

Was having some Satellite issues early this morning so I couldn't reply right away as I would have liked.
Yes I had searched around for those topics , the "colour of the Links , Menu Pages" seems like a tricky one? ...I would have thought considering all the features available on The Yola SiteBuilder , that something to address this issue could be easily implemented?? :) Ah whadda I know anyway :D heheh

And I guess I'll try and scour all the templates again ( I know I can change them and suss them out at anytime , but this takes a long time)
Banners and Backgrounds are no worries (Except that not being able to change some of the Text colours of course makes it a bit tricky , Cleanslate page tabs and Links are black :( ) .. anyway .. enough about that.

I will create my own topic in the near future for the other questions I may have.

BUT ... This topic is about the Account Verification E-mail see? :)
So ... any ideas about that? ... :p heheh

(And If I could just ask one more quick question for the Road) :D ...
Do Constant changes made in Editing your pages (Like changing colours , backgrounds , layouts multiple times) ... Does This Effect the efficiency of the Pages loading times?
The reason I ask is because it looks like that is what is happening when the Page is Previewed ... Am I better off practising like with a rought draught on these (Intensly edited) Pages and then when It's all planned out start anew with a "CleanSlate" ??
(No Pun intended) :)

Thankyou,

Luc

P.s. Not sure how many people here would be interested in My Site , in fact I'm so hesitant to Publish it and even too anxious to even tell you the name of right now it lol ... It's tackling a fairly sensative issue So I'm probably wise to be wary.
O.k. well...
I'm a bit of an alternate myself , somewhat of an activist and I live near Nimbin ;) heheh , any ideas?
But aside from the activism (which just even publishing the site will be a form of) ... "Alternative" Culture in Varying forms , Education and hopefully lots of Wierd and Wonderful Fun will be the flavour of it :)
(I hope that the content wouldn't put anyone off helping me with my site here?? , What do you think?)
I picture an archive full of all the varied genres of (some once rare) "Media" that it has taken me and others many years and hours too seek out Online and Abroad ... and to compile it all concisly in one place (With content being added constantly) ... But this will not happen in the near future :) , not because it can't ... but due to time (and space), and it would require a few small investments that I'm not prepared to make with so little experience in the matter. :)

Sorry to be so long winded , thanx for your consideration :D

(P.s.s. Please tell me do you think I should put all this down into 1 Topic of my own? ... How conservative are people here in general? Would they enjoy my Ramblings and Whacky style or should I stick to the Formalities? I know only a select few will read this here. Do I ask too many Questions? lol)

O.k. Bye Now. :D
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Luc

Many people don't get their verification emails because they misstype their address when they sign up. But if you are able to log in, then this would not be the case for you. You have also already checked your spam folder. Sometimes your email client refuses the email, however and it never gets to you. If you drop us an email at support@yola.com we can check for you that the verification email to your address was sent. If not we can investigate. If it was sent but never arrived unfortunately there is nothing we can do from our end. However, note that while we like you to verify your address, it is possible to build and publish sites without doing so and there is no penalty for this.

The color of link text is set by the style you select, which is why it can't be edited without writing your own CSS. Hopefully in future we will be able to offer more options, but it actually is not that easy to implement, so you will have to bear with us.

There is no reason why constantly editing your page would affect the load time on your published site, unless you add large image files or invalid HTML code. The frequency of editing itself is not an issue. It might take the preview a while to render after a major change, but once the site is published the live page will load as normal.

You don't ask too many questions, but for the best help I do suggest creating a unique post for individual questions, instead of stringing a whole lot together in a single post. This makes it easier for others to follow your train of thought and give a comprehensive answer.

As for what is appropriate to share in this forum: we are primarily interested in helping you build your site. We will take an interest in the content of your site, in so far as this is relevant to site building. You are welcome to tell us more about your site. Just review the content policy in our terms of service: http://www.yola.com/terms.html if you are unsure as to whether yours is appropriate or not.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello Luc,

Topics of your own are great if it looks like a long thread. If you're asking the identical or very simlar question I think joining to a thread is good. If you have a spin on athread I would probably start a new thread and refer to the old.

We have whacky, we have conservative we enjoy them all.

Multi editing doesn't effect the time loads of your pages. Multi additions do particularly of hungry elements such as images. (this however for unexplained reasons may affect your cache and it's always good housekeeping to clear your cache regularly I find)

The colour font features are a request for future features. It's a popular request as well.

I don't know where Yola are up to with your email verification.

Suggest that you send an email to support@yola.com and ask them for a resend. Add their address to your safelist. That's about all I can suggest. That will guarantee that there hasn't been a slip twixt pen and intentional address

great luck and we'll look forward to having you around.
Photo of Luc

Luc

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello one more time,
Thankyou very much Monique and Peter , that helped clear a few things up for me :)
I do appreciate it ... and as if my Post wasn't long enough as It was , It had to go and post itself twice didn't it (DOH!) lol , ah well ... these things can happen. :)

And as for the Verification Email , well although I never recieved it ... I don't seem to see the BIG RED PROMPT for Verification there anymore :D so maybe one of the Mods fixed it for me? ... If so , Cheers. :)

(I'm not sure yet but I think there may be a problem with the Email Account)

Well , Thats all from me for now ... Site is coming along ... Bandwidth has been throttled down so progress is slow , I am Itching to publish it , as is, just to see what happens :)... The nervous excitement is killing me ... No big deal for most people I bet , but I'm like a kid in a Candy store when I'm online heheh :D

Regards,

Luc