• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
You can easily add a calendar to your site with a widget from one of the great widget galleries we have integrated with (Google Gadgets, Widgetbox, Spring Widget etc.)

In the widgets folder on the right hand side of the screen, drag and drop the icon for one of these widget galleries onto your page.

A dialog will open up - click on the link and you will be take to the widget gallery.

Browse for the calendar you want and when you are done click an option that will allow you to copy the HTML code for the widget. This will be something like "get widget," "copy code" or "embed," depending on which service you are using.

Copy the code and paste it into the dialog box in SynthaSite.

That's it! A calendar will appear on your SynthaSite page!
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 148 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
you can look at google gadgets or yourminis which you an put on your site by looking at 'widgets'
Photo of gewald

gewald

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
The various solutions for a calendar seem to be lacking. I'd like to be able to list upcoming events easily, the way I could in Ning, but all the widget options seem to be designed for other purposes.
Photo of Darci

Darci

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have not been able to get this to function. I want to use a Google calendar to list assignments and due date as a teacher but the Widget feature tells me the Google calendar is not available.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Darci,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you try these steps instead:

1. Open your Google Calendar, click on "Settings".
2. Click on the "Calendars" tab and click on the Calendar name.
3. Next to "Embed this Calendar", copy the embed code provided (right-click > copy or ctrl-C).
4. Back on your site, drag and drop an HTML Widget onto the page.
5. Paste the code (right-click > paste or ctrl-V) into HTML editor that opens.

If you continue to have problems with this please let me know.
Photo of yalcinfa

yalcinfa

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can someone without a Google account view the Google calendar on my website? It seems to be asking for login. I need everyone to be able to see the calendar. Please help!
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Hi Yalcinfa - please can I have the URL to your site and will will test this out.
Photo of yalcinfa

yalcinfa

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
Yes, you are right. You need to log into your Google account in order to view the calendar. If you wish to use another calendar please see - Adding a calendar and use calendars.net