Adding a comment box with SynthaSite

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
How can I add a comment box to my SynthaSite website?
Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
To add a comment box to your site, do the following:
1) Open the "Widgets" folder in the sidebar on the right of your screen
2) Drag and drop a "Widget Box" icon onto your page
3) Click on the link in the dialog and you will be taken to Widget Box
4) Browse for a comment box, and when you find one you like, click "get widget"
5) Copy the code and paste it into the dialog box in SynthaSite

Your very own comment box will then be embedded on your site!
Photo of Mystery

Mystery

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks for the answer I got it done
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i still dont under stand how to do it can you tell me in a way that i could understand
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hi Isabella.
Take a look at the bottom of this thread for help. I will post screenshots to help you out!
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
what thread are you calling about
Photo of Irene L

Irene L

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Could someone please update this for 2013? I have been trying to add a comments box, or a blog, so people can leave their input. Got accounts at Disqus and at Tumblr and nothing seems to work.
Irene from www.papillondogs.ca
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Irene,

Disqus and Tumblr are both still functioning. You can see current information for adding them in these tutorials:

Adding a comment box to your website.

Using the Tumblr widget.
Photo of www.epagesinfo.com

www.epagesinfo.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the answer, I have some issues with putting the code on my site.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Can you tell us what problems you are having with the code? Make sure that you have copied all the code and that you are pasting it either in one of the Widget dialog boxes or the HTML widget. If you are still having difficulty, I am sure we can help. You could email the code to support@synthasite.com and we can look into this for you.
Photo of www.epagesinfo.com

www.epagesinfo.com

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Monique,
I am using mozilla firefox and godaddy's website tonight. When I put the html code in it doesn't show the comment box. I ended up using a different code from another site but would love to know if there is a way to use the code from synthasite.
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
What happens when you put the HTML code in? Can you send me the URL of your site, or a screenshot?
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I followed Monique's instructions and everything LOOKS right on my site... BUT, when someone tries to leave a comment (types in the box & clicks "submit"), nothing shows up on my site. Where did their comments go???
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Julie. I am sorry to hear that. Could you post a link to your site so that I can take a look. Otherwise, post the link to the actual widget you are using so that I can check it out for you.
Photo of Colin

Colin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I followed the instructions and all looked OK, but when I viewed the site it showed all the comments relating to the widget (4 pages) how do I get rid of these or what am I doing wrong ?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Colin, is your site published? If so, could you send me your URL so that I can see exactly what you are talking about?
Photo of Colin

Colin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ruth my URL http://ustwo.synthasite.com and the problem is in "comments"
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi Colin,

I can see your problem.

It seems that the comment box you have chosen doesn't support the deletion of comments. There are a couple of options, your comment box should have a control option that you can see. You can sort the comments by date if you wish. A second option would be to delete that comment box and add one where you can have more control over what appears on your page.

Here are some instructions for adding a comment box that allows you to delete messages:

If you do want to use a message box widget that supports deleting of messages etc., you can try out a box at http://www.cbox.ws/
1. Go to http://www.cbox.ws/ and register for free.
2. You can then copy the code from the 'get the code' text area
3. Go to SynthaSite and drag and drop an HTML widget onto your page and paste your code into the HTML editor
4. You should then have a new box!

To administer the box (delete messages/block users etc.), simply log into http://www.cbox.ws/ click on the 'Admin' tab and then the 'messages' menu item on the left.

I know that Web Messages (available through our Widget Box Gallery) only stores the 50 most recent comments, so that may also be an option for you.

Please let me know if there is more that I can help you with.
Photo of Fenix

Fenix

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I followed the instructions, and I have a comment box on my site. The problem is that my background is black, and so is the colour for the font for the comments. Is there any way that I could change the colour of the font for the comments so that I could see what people say?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Fenix - if you click on settings on the top left of the widget, a box will open where you can customise your widget. If it allows you to change your colour, you will be able to do it there. If not, you may have to search for an alternative comment widget. The cbox comment box (check above) is also a great comment widget.
Photo of Colin

Colin

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I totally agree with Marije, the cbox works well. I've had many tries at adding a comment box and this is the only one which works without being difficult to use.
Photo of UDhaliwal

UDhaliwal

• 30 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hey Monique, Ruth and Marije, it works! wow I now have a colorful cbox on my web site. thanks!
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Good to hear!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
To add a comment box to your site, do the following:
1) Open the "Widgets" folder in the sidebar on the right of your screen

2) Drag and drop a "Widget Box" icon onto your page

3) Click on the link in the dialog and you will be taken to Widget Box

4) Browse for a comment box, and when you find one you like, click "get widget"

5) Copy the code and paste it into the dialog box in SynthaSite and press okay.

Your very own comment box will then be embedded on your site!

I hope that helps!
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
but whats the code
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
can you please please help me find the code because i cant find it
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
im so confused and i need help because no one is helping me and i really need it...
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
When you click on the Widgetbox.com link, it'll take you to their homepage.

1. Type in what you're looking for (e.g. comment box) in the search bar fucntion in the right hand corner.

2. A bunch of options should come up for you on the left hand side. Here's one example:

3. Once you've selected which widget you'd like to use, over on the right hand side there will be further options - some allow you to customize the widget. After you've finished customizing, then click on "grab this widget"

4. A box will pop up with the code. You copy this code (highlight with your mouse button, then ctrl + C) and then paste into the box on your website.

I hope I was able to clarify things for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you it works im sorry that i had to make it difficult on you but thank you my website will be good hopfully
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
You're very welcome! I look forward to seeing your website when you are ready to unveil it to the world! =)
Photo of isabella

isabella

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i will send a link of my website to you when i put it on the interner all the way thank you very much and good night
Photo of Ina

Ina

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I know now how to move a picture horizontal to another location, but what about moving it vertical? Couldnt figure this one out yet. And thank you very much for your kind help earlier on. Regards, Ina
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 2569 Posts
  • 113 Reply Likes
Hello Ina,

To move a picture vertically you need to place a holder in the position you want the picture to be moved to.

Sometimes this appears to be difficult because you simply can't put the holder in a random place. The way to do this is to first of all work out where you want the final placement to be. You then need to position fillers between the original position and the final position. This is particularly relevant if you wish to move the image lower than content that appears on your page.

These "fillers" could be blank text widgets. Move a text widget into a place and add blank lines with your Enter Key. You can replace the filler content at anytime.

Drag an image place holder down to the final position.

Drag your original image down into the place holder.

You may have to fill the original place area with another filler to pad it down.

The "image placeholder" type would depend on whether the original was a text widget or an image widget. You can use kind for kind in this method. I don't think that you can drag an image from a text widget into an image widget or vice versa.