adding database/spreadsheets to our websites, linking them

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Can anyone be able to give me some instruction on putting a database file on my website? What I want to do, is have like an Excel Spreadsheet with formulas but what I believe I need to do, is figure out how to link that to a hidden file which holds data. I hope this makes sense. For example, if I click on the spreadsheet link, I get a list of items I can add? Please ask me anything you like if this is not clear. I am very new at this as many of you already know. Thank you in advance, denise:) PS I don't understand which to choose in the list of "products or services"? It's about my website on Yola and I don't see that option?
Photo of Denise

Denise

• 393 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 10 years ago

Hi, inserting a spreadsheet into a Yola built website is now possible. Plus if you ever update the spreadsheet it will automatically update on your website without touching the re-editing the website.

1) create the Excel spreadsheet and upload it to Microsoft skydrive (free service) under a windows live/hotmail account. Right click on the spreadsheet and select Embed and copy the link in the "Copy the HTML code to embed this file".
2) Drop an html widget onto your page, paste the html code from step 1.

I would test this first on a "test" site.

I have used this feature here for an example:

www.rogersisconsulting.ca/productivit...
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi RISC,

This is a Wow! tip. Thank you for taking the time to post this here and if you haven't already I would really like to see you repost this as an Idea on this Forum. This is well within the AAA+ classification of ideas. Well done.