SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Dustin Webb

Dustin Webb

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Randy, I also need my site to have lots of streaming music. I tried the code above but, couldn't get it to work. The problem I'm having is, my editor keeps saying loading component when added a widget. It only gets stuck on the pages with songs. Can't figure out how to add more content. It also says yolasite.com server busy when stuck loading and you try to move something.
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Dustin,

I have replied to you on the initial thread that your conversation is taking place on asking you for URL of the specific site that you're having problems with.

Also just note that what Randy's doing seems a bit different from what you're wanting to do. If you go to Randy's site you'll see that all he has done is created links to the individual files. When one of those links is clicked on, depending on which one you use, your browser realizes that the link is an audio file and only then does a new browser page open where you can play that file.

That is virtually no burden at all on the website, the browser, or Randy's internet connection. However, these are things that need to be taken into account for your website, as you are wanting multiple MP3 playing widgets to load with your site (as far I have have been able to pick up from the thread).

While writing this I see you have responded on the other thread. I will feedback to you there once I have some sort of an answer for you.
Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of it one way or another!
Photo of skillzor.lamb

skillzor.lamb

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
http://willnlou.info/mp3/index.php
http://willnlou.info/articles
http://willnlou.info/wallpaper
http://willnlou.info/links

I am down to affiliate links with you, if you would like, I can put an ad up on my site with your icon and link if you choose to do the same for mine. Please email me

Will@willnlou.info

Thank you, and I will be putting a link of yours up on mine. :-)
Photo of Marcela

Marcela

• 132 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i've gone over everything here and still cannot get my music file to play on my site!
I just tried posting a reply explaining all ive done but YOLA removed it...
Photo of Dré

Dré

• 201 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Hi Marcela,

Sorry about the misunderstanding, but you'll see that your post is still there. It was posted twice. We just removed the second duplicate.
Photo of Marcela

Marcela

• 132 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No worries... I just need someone to give me a hand..
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
<!--
Hopefully this will help for ya:

<embed src="resources/music.mp3" autostart="true" loop="false">

Just copy and paste that it an HTML widget. Then just change the file path to that of the song you want to play. Good luck!
-->
Photo of Arslan

Arslan

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of nicolashh

nicolashh

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
is there an option to play music even when the visitor is clicking on another menu-point? so that the music continues and doesn't start all over again or stops?
thank you.
Photo of Kershnee

Kershnee

• 2087 Posts
  • 152 Reply Likes
It is not possible to have music play throughout your site without stopping as people browse from page to page. You would need to add music to each page of the site, and the music would start over from page to page. Unfortunately this is how it has to be, I'm sorry I don't have the answer you were looking for.

Here is a link to some information on adding music to your site: Adding Music to Site.

I hope this information is helpful!
Photo of docmedia.docmlambo

docmedia.docmlambo

• 27 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
how do i add music to my website wer ppl can download?
Photo of Lozu

Lozu

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The best way to do this is to find a flash mp3 player and add a download button at the right and make it link to your mp3 file.
Or get a play plug in (Windows: Widnows Media Player, Mac: QuickTime or Linux: Totem) and copy it to your HTML box and add a html button that links to your mp3 file.
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi, you can now add music to your site with the mp3 widget!!! If you go to the site builder, click "Multimedia" and a music player mp3 widget is there now! You can upload a song into it, or choose it from the file manager! I love the updates in the site builder! :)
Photo of lela

lela

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
how do I add music to my site
Photo of lela

lela

• 23 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I like music
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
HI Lela - you can find information on adding music on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/.... We have recently added an MP3 Widget that you can use.
Photo of Kristine Yamasaki

Kristine Yamasaki

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hi..i've tried to add a background music to my blog and it works but my problem is that it plays in all other pages...what will i do to make it play in the homepage only?
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Do you mean it is playing on all of the other post pages? I think once you add a widget to the blog's homepage, (not the website homepage, right?) it will be on all of the whole blog since it is a Blog page.
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Kristine
Have you added the music to a blog post or the blog page? If you have added it to the page, it may play throughout your site.
If you would like to add music to a blog post, you need to do the following:
- click on the "HTML" button on the Text Editing Toolbar
- Paste this code into the HTML editor:
<!-- <embed src="resources/music.mp3" width="140" height="40" autostart="false" loop="FALSE"></embed> -->
(Replace music.mp3 with name of your uploaded file. If you've put the file in a folder, remember to include the folder name, lik this... resources/folder/music.mp3.)
- Preview the post and then republish your site
I hope this helps!
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Nazlie, you forgot to wrap the code in <!-- and --> It rendered.

Kristine Yamasaki

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
wow..thanks guys! i had the code but i put it in a wrong place so thanks for explaining...btw, is it possible to add the title of the song within the music player? if it is, pls help me with the code...thanks again...

Kristine Yamasaki

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
this is my blog http://scirelisland.blogspot.com/
just want to show that you helped me a lot
Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi Kristine. I don't think it is possible to add extra words in it. But you can remove the file address below the widget. Just go on your page and copy the mp3 widget, but not the text below it (unless you have to) Now, paste it into a text widget and the widget will still be there and if you want to change the song just click on the text widget and on the text editing toolbar click the last one that reads "HTML" Now, you can find the URL of your song in that code and change it but be sure to keep "resources/" in it or it wont work.

Kristine Yamasaki

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
can i ask for your fb ad? just in case I need some help next time..pls..pls???
Photo of Farhan Fk

Farhan Fk

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi everyone i have a question that what if i want others to download my music, what should i do??
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Farhan Fk

The Yola File Widget makes it easy for you to create a link to a file, so that people can view it on your site or download it. Here is how to upload a file so that people can view or download it from your site:

1. Drag and drop a File Widget onto your page from the Sidebar on the right (the icon for this looks like a computer disk).
2. A dialog box will open and you can choose to upload a file or browse file manager. Please select which option you would like to use to upload your file.
3. When you click "OK" a link to your file will automatically be created. To test that it is working, save and preview your page.

People will then be able to click on your link and download your MS Word file, PDF, PowerPoint presentation, spreadsheet or whatever file you have uploaded.

Hint: To download the file, right click on the link, and then select "save as" from the pop-up menu (Mac users: ctrl+click).

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if it does not.
Photo of peter

peter

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there and thanks for the opportunity to ask how do I place a musical sound on my yola website? Thanking you

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
music on site.
Photo of Laurien Ripple

Laurien Ripple

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
We can upload music!? WOOOAHH!
Photo of waguilar18.aa

waguilar18.aa

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i want to add more then one mp3. How do i do that
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi waguilar,

An easy way is to upload your files into the File manager. You can do this one at a time or you can add multiple files. If you are on a free subscription then you are limited to a files size of 5 Mb but the storage limitation I think is 1 Gb so you won't have problems with capacity. Just need to watch your individual file sizes. If you have Bronze or Silver your file sizes are increased and your capacity as well.

On your desired page you can then place a link to a file and as many links as you prefer. Clicking on the link will play the music. Right clicking on the mp3 link will allow your users to download the file onto their own pc.

You can also "play" the music files with some graphical interface by using various Google Gadgets or other mp3 players found throughout the web and places like Widgetbox is a good resource also. This is available in your site builder sidebar. These gadgets and widgets are free. Finally there are commercial players out there that have extra bells and whistle for the real music gadget fans and they allow sampling blah, blah , blah. :)
Photo of Flights Traveloworld

Flights Traveloworld

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You can add music from your music section.