Adding your own logo instead of a page heading with SynthaSite

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
I just want a logo at the top of my page instead of a page heading. Is this possible?
Photo of SynthaSite FAQ

SynthaSite FAQ

• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
You can add your own logo or banner image to any of the styles where you see the message: "This banner image can be changed. . ."

These are the steps:
1)Click on "properties" in the sidebar on the right
2)Browse for the logo or image you want to add. For best results the image needs to have the pixel dimensions indicated for that style. When you are done, click "ok".
3) If you don't want any heading text on your page, in the page heading field, just enter a space in place of the text.

Your logo will appear at the top of the page and there will be no text page heading.
Photo of Abby

Abby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I don't see any styles that say "This banner image can be changed. . ." Do I have to choose each style to see whether it's banner is editable or am I missing something? Thank you.
Photo of gregjoelswanson

gregjoelswanson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why do i not have a properties button on my sidebar. Do I have to pay yola more for this?
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi gregjoelswanson

This forum thread goes back 3 years and the discussion talks about some outdated details. You do not have to pay more for the properties button. We have recently made some changes to the Sitebuilder interface and the properties have moved elsewhere for easier use and navigation.

To access your site properties, follow these steps:
1. Log in to Yola.
2. Access your website's Sitebuilder.
3. Click on "Site" - you'll see it in the menu along the top of your screen.
4. Select "Site Properties" from the drop-down list to see your site's property options. Make the changes you need and click "OK" to save it.

I hope this helps! :)

Nazlie
Photo of Nazlie

Nazlie

• 1721 Posts
  • 51 Reply Likes
Hi Abby

To see whether the banner on the styles are editable, follow these steps:

1. Click on the down-arrow next to "Style" on your menu.
2. Select "Change Style" from the drop-down list of options.
3. The style gallery screen will open up. Hover over a style you like. You will see a pop-up box that describes the style. If you are able to edit the banner, you will see "Editable Banner: Yes".

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Thank you
Nazlie
Photo of bananspltya

bananspltya

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
When I click on the properties icon on the right it doesnt show any
"browse" to click on.
I cant find were to add a logo in the properties or anywhere
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We made a minor change to the way you add your own banner image since I wrote this post. You can now click directly on the white box that says "click here to change this banner" Please note that this is only possible with some of our styles. The message in the white box on the banner indicates which these are. That message only displays in editing mode, not in preview mode or on your live site.
Photo of sugerpud

sugerpud

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How do you know which sites have changeable banners since you can only change the color of the template when you are choosing one. When I click on properties on like 10 of them they say nothing about changing the banner. What templates is it avaliable in?
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi there, this link in our forum will give you that information: http://getsatisfaction.com/SynthaSite...
Hope it helps!
Regards, Marije
Photo of K9Clothing

K9Clothing

• 94 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Sure you can. Like I did. check it out:

www.kloud9clothing.synthasite.com
Photo of Bree Z'ne

Bree Z'ne

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
no, i don't mean the banner...i mean the small photo in the u.r.l. box right next to the url. Like synthasites is the pic of the little S. How do you change that??
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi there,

That is called a favicon!

To add your own favicon to your site (the little image that appears next to your URL if the browser window):
1) Click on the properties sidebar
2) You will see a "Favourites Icon" field (the second last box from the top). Click on the browse button to the right of the box to browse your desktop for an image to upload.

To see what your favicon will look like, save and preview your page.

Please note that Internet Explorer doesn't allow favicons to be displayed next to your URL or on the tab of the window. The favicon will be displayed if the site is bookmarked and in your Favourites folder. The best option would be to change to FireFox who do show the favicons in all three areas...

I hope that answers your question!
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I found the answer's to this question, "Marije's answer/quick fix, not to work. What could I be doing wrong?
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Michael, is they style you have chosen customisable. You can tell if there is a white box in the corner of the banner. Would you mind sending us an email in support with the details? support@synthasite.com
Photo of Gaby

Gaby

• 13 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi
I have another question regarding banners.
I would like to use template 44, called logistix. It allows you to use your own banners, but when I upload a test banner off my files (still waiting for my real logo), it dupicates it about 10 times and then puts all 10 copies, one next to the other into the banner :-(. I just wanted 1 logo.
I tried resizing it, that perhaps a bigger image would take care of the problem, but all I got were fewer copies :-(.

Any suggestions, ideas? Or is that just "one of those things"?
Regards
Gaby
Photo of TinaHunter

TinaHunter

• 38 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Gaby.

Try creating a background to your logo so that the logo and the background together are the size requested by the template. This was the only way I was able to get it to work on my page.
Photo of macdc

macdc

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hey Monique..Sorry to hear you are aggravated...kk..Take a deep breath..now exhale:)..KK to add the icon on your url, simply follow the instructions of marije.. KK..here..toward the top right of your screen you will see a button that says hide content side bar..Directly below this hide content bar you will see a content button on the left and to the right a properties tab..Now on this little windowed page you will go down six tabs to were you will see FAVORITES ICON tab...There you will notice on the right of that will be a grey button..Simply click this button..After clicking this button you will then see the select from window that will open..From there you can either select from pics or logos you have uploaded to your site's folder..Or select a pic from your computer its self to upload..Just make sure you know were the file is on your pc if you haven't already uploaded it to your site..Then choose the pic you want...Then choose select toward the right side bottom..Once you have added this file..Then you'll need to update your site..Once your site is successfully updated..Type in your site and check out your new logo..If your not satisfied with your new logo, then repeat above steps to add something new..Hope this helps out..if u have any issues...hit me up..Check out my site www.artisansguild.synthasite.com and see my icon:) Note..i am currently working on my site..so it may seem some what small...i am always deleting and updating..sometimes its really small..and sometimes its really huge:) Got a lot of neat stuff if ya get bored from time to time:)..Good luck..
Photo of Nathaniel Johnson

Nathaniel Johnson

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I know how to add a logo! Follow these steps:

Pick the style: "Thunder Blue". Then it will be a blue bar accross the top. Choose "Change Background" and upload your logo. On the tile part pick "No Tile". Then on the "Position" pick the dot at the top-left corner or the top-right corner. Then go to the top of the box and pick the color of the background that you want for the pages. Then clikc "OK" at the bottom. Now, pick the little arrow that is next to "Change Background" and click "Aply To All Pages" Then, your logo is at the top! Check out mine at: www.nathansmusicstudio.yolasite.com -or- www.nathansmusicstudio.net.tf Thanks!
Photo of Margie

Margie

• 286 Posts
  • 25 Reply Likes
Your logo, as a background image, looks fine there, Nathaniel. I'm wondering if you realize it's not clickable. It would be better to put the logo in the banner and have it a click-able link so it's easy to get back to your home page from any other page.

Also you are using "welcome" for your page title. For better seo you might want to use keyword(s).

Mean to help not criticize. :)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Thanks Nathan for sharing your tip. I'm sure others will appreciate this as well.
Photo of Nathaniel Johnson

Nathaniel Johnson

• 24 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks! Keywords for search engines? I just put welcome up there because its my homepage. I put keywords in the properties. Also, my site shows up on google now!!! I am so glad! i am very, very, very happy with Yola! Thank you and thanks to Yola and Synthasite!