If you need support from Yola please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
The NoFrills template is one of my favourite styles! Unfortunately, the location of the menu cannot be changed. If you would like to create a menu that is below your banner, you will need to create your own menu.
Here is more information on how to do this:
1. You can take your pages out of your menu (click on the "Edit Menu" button and drag the pages from "in menu" to "out menu" - this will hide your default menu).
2. Create your own page text links in a text widget and place them where you'd like this new menu to show up. This can be done by adding text, highlighting it and clicking on the link button on the text toolbar and linking to the specific page on your site. You can then edit the text links using the Edit Toolbar to appear the way you would like.
If you want to make your own buttons for a custom navigation, you will need to create the button, and then link it to the specific page on your site.
There are quite a few banner/button making programs on the Internet if you would like to create your own. I have used a few programs which worked quite nicely if you would like to give them a try: Banner Fans and Banner Maker Pro, (this is not a free program, but they do have a free trial available).
You can then link the button like this:
1. Add the button to your page, using the image widget.
2. Click on 'Properties' on the right-hand sidebar.
3. Click on 'Choose a Link' and make your selection; you will be able to choose to link to a page in your site, an outside URL, an email address or a file.
4. Click on 'Apply'
To check that your link is working, preview your page and then click on the link.
We have two tutorials that will help in explaining this process:
Please note that the menu is a feature of the style you select. If it is not working for you, you may need to consider changing styles. We have a link to your support page which has a style guide: Yola Style Guide which has a handy filter function for you to see which style you might like.