Already paid yola but its link still appearing on my pages

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Hey thanks yola for everything, but could you please remove the make a "free website with yola" link on my pages. I have ALREADY paid you for a year. So please take it down. If you want me to be an affiliate ask me on commission junction :) lol.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 72 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • sad

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Craig

I am sorry about this! This is a new feature and if there are any glitches we are here to work them out right away.

Could you post the URL of your site so I can investigate this?
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Hi Craig,

This probably isn't it but did you pay Yola for the year for a domain name or did you pay to remove the link? This are totally different payments not the two together. You need to pay for the remove link and also pay for the domain name.

Though this probably isn't it but it's possiblity that you may be confussed about the two.
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 72 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
oh forgot to post it lol - kissbarbados.com
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Ok the link is there, are you sure you paid for the removal of the link and not for a domain name?
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 72 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Connor when you pay for domain I am pretty sure that includes removing the link. It was removed previously to saturdays changes.
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
I haven't bought a domain through Yola but I'm pretty sure thay are both seperate payments. If you buy a domain name with Yola it dosen't remove the link too, you need to pay to remove the link in a seperate payment.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi guys

I just wanted to help clear up any misunderstanding regarding the Yola footer removal. I've taken this from the FAQ:

If I buy a domain from Yola, is Yola Link removal included?
No. In order to keep the price of both Domains and Yola Link Removal as low as possible, they are sold separately. This allows you to decide whether you only want to purchase one, or both. You have the option to buy a domain every time you log into your account or publish your site, and you have the option to pay to remove the Yola link every time you edit your site.

That was taken from the following: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of Connor McCarra

Connor McCarra, Champion

• 944 Posts
  • 47 Reply Likes
Thanks Lu! I couldn't explain it properly!
Photo of Marije

Marije, Official Rep

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi Craig,

Buying a domain does not remove the Yola footer (it never did) and the option to remove it was only launched on the weekend. You can find more details on this link: http://www.yola.com/customer-support/...
Photo of Craig

Craig

• 72 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok thanks
sigh
It is probably more conspicious now
If I add you on cj would you remove it?