Another site tool, 198 errors and 29 warnings...Markup Validation

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Another tool to check your site. Mine had 198 errors and 29 warnngs. ??? Is this something I should be alarmed about? I have only used the site builder in the simplest way by dropping widgets.... How can there be that many errors?!?! http://validator.w3.org/
Photo of Thrundar

Thrundar

• 195 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of the_pete

the_pete

• 65 Posts
  • 16 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hey there :)

I don't think you have anything to be alarmed about. These html validation errors have little or no practical impact to how browsers render your site or how search engines index your content.

Due to the nature of SynthaSite it's quite difficult and time intensive to ensure complete HTML/CSS compliance. Traditionally we've focused more on features and work-flow than generated code quality because we felt most users weren't aware of HTML validation and would prefer more features and better work-flow to higher quality generated code and less features / worse work-flow.

That said, as former standards compliant web developers ourselves, we understand the goals of standards compliance. We get big smiles on our faces when everything validates correctly and will be placing an emphasis on fixing as many of these issues as we can in the future.