Awful New Text Bar; Please CHANGE BACK!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
The new text editing bar is AWFUL!!!! Please go back to the previous one. It is a total waste of time, inflexible + frustrating. Must change asap!

The font size is too limiting. No gaps between 18 and 24 point type...people need CHOICE, not to have such a big size gap. Every size needs to be available.

The color "wheel" is too painstaking; pls go back to swatches. Copying the color # to have to match text color is too oldschool a process; should be a 1 click choice + done.

Both these things should be on the sitebuildier surface, not under "MORE." They are essential grab and go tools!

Please fix asap or I need to get my site somewhere else.
Photo of andreakahn1

andreakahn1

• 42 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris Hall

Chris Hall

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
Why has the font size for across the entirty of my website changed for any text that links to another page? What the hell is going on????

Yola - please can you revert the developer back to the old asap. I have hundreds of pages that have had the font sizes etc messed up on and cannot find how the hell to change them back.

Please address this as a matter of priority. I'm very concerned that this may be a permenant downgrade which cannot be reversed!!!!!!!!!!
Photo of David Byers

David Byers

• 8 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
"3 people have this problem" it states at the top of this page. I'm a fourth and by the number of postings on this Forum there are many, many more. This is a PR disaster for Yola. A badly-handled upgrade that has altered current websites by double-spacing text, etc. I've lost a day's work over this and am suitably stressed.

I echo Chris Hall's posting. Please resolve this issue and at the very least ensure that current websites are returned to their previous design set-up. Otherwise, what's the point of Yola?
Photo of a1web UK

a1web UK

• 174 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
I think you will find all of us have a problem with the rubbish upgrade.
view other topics
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi all

I'm sorry for the errors that the release of our new Text Widget has caused, and I completely understand your frustration. We've fixed issues and are working on fixing the remaining ones. Please refer to our thread New Text Widget - Status Update for any news.
Photo of a1web UK

a1web UK

• 174 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
TAKE IT AWAY UNTIL fully fixed and tested for a month

REVERT IT BACK and go work on it away from our sitebuilding until all bugs are fixed because you are stopping us doing our daily updates due to the risk of losing and changing our content.

SURELY this is the better idea to revert back so we can continue with our work while yola work on the bugs on a seperate site or style where we can visit and give our feedback safely away from our sitebuilding.

ITS NOT A STUPID request unlike the stupid move to do this change to the main sitebuilding area in the first place
Photo of Melynda von Wayward

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am alSo very unhappy - MY WEBSITE IS RUINED!!! FIX IT NOW!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Melynda

I'm very sorry about the impact that the release of our new Text Widget had on your website. As someone who uses the Sitebuilder quite frequently and runs Yola websites himself, I know how painful it is if errors like that occur. We're busy working out a roll-back to the old Text Widget as outlined on our most recent update thread. We'll take all the time needed to carefully do the roll-back in order to ensure avoiding to make things worse. I hope for your understanding and thank you for your further patience.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
AND I MEAN NOW!!!!
Photo of David Byers

David Byers

• 8 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
I very much welcome the decision to revert to the old style design bar, not because I disapprove of change, but believe it should be advanced in a way that does not undo the work of designers using Yola over several years. I hope that lesson has been learnt. But at what price?

My important question is this: Will the rollback be done in such a way that it will guarantee to restore to their former set-up those sites that had been opened with the 'new' Designer and effectively destroyed?

This is really crucial.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello David

I can assure you that we'll do everything we possibly can to avoid worsening the situation. This is why we're still taking our time before releasing the roll-back. Thank you for your further patience.
Photo of Chris Hall

Chris Hall

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I too am very worried that when they roll-back (which I 100% agree needs to be done) that those websites that had their fonts etc screwed up due to the new Style Developer, will remain messed up and it will be an extremely lengthy process for many of us to change it back again (I have over 400 pages that have messed up fonting now).

We will have to wait and see...
Photo of Paul Rhodes

Paul Rhodes

• 79 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
i hate it too ruined my text on website bring back the old 1 do you not better test b4 adding new stuff or get a few of us to try new stuff and give opinion

the new text bar is horrible the old 1 far far superior

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The problem is not fixed. You may have reverted back to the old text bar but I can't change my website back to the original way it was before - the links are still large and I can't change them back to tiny, the paragraphs spacing is the same as well... Thanks for ruining my website!!!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas, Social Media Coordinator

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Melynda,

The rollback restored the old widget but if there was text changed by the new widget, it would not revert it. That said, all the functions should work so we would like to investigate why that's not working for you. Please detail the problems here so that we can follow up with you directly.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have just told you - the html text won't change back to tiny, All my spacing is out of whack, including the paragraphs for text - I am now going to have to spend hours trying to fix this on every page.... You have messed up my whole site... THANKS!!
Photo of a1web UK

a1web UK

• 174 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Hi Melynda. I'm as mad as you over this mess, and you should not have to be going through this time fixing yola mistakes.
Have you tried copying the txt into notepad and delete the old txt widget for a new one and then copy from notepad into new txt widget. IMPORTANT, you must copy from the notepad o that it overwirites the txt already in the clipboard and then paste into new widget.
I found in the past that the txt widgets once screwed up are best replaced with a new one with resh txt pasted in.
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
We announced earlier on this thread that we have reverted to the original text widget.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
After about 100 hours work now it is ruined! I actually HATE YOU people so much right now - hours of work to fix one problem...created by you!
Photo of Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
I'm sorry you feel that way Melynda, but we're not leaving you to figure this all out on your own. We're happy to help! If you are willing to work with us I'm confident we can come up with a solution for you.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you can sit on my site and change all my links back to the original FONT and size and change all my spacing back then great - as it is the HTML links don't want to change font - I have to do each one manually all over again sometimes clicking on them 3 times just to get them to change back to Andala Mono.... AS I said this is going to take many frustrating hours to fix - time that should be spent on creating content on my site - not fixing up your problems...

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Also any files uploaded like PDF's or word docs are also in a different FONT.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
well that is still going to take hours not to mention I have to re-link all of my html and when I do they just revert to some other font....and I have to sit there and try and change the links back to the font I want
Photo of Chris Hall

Chris Hall

• 58 Posts
  • 10 Reply Likes
I think Yola's site developers are going to sort all this out for us. That was the impression I got from the messages from the Yola staff. After all...it was because of the site developers that so many of our websites are looking a mess at the moment.

If you put in a request via the 'Contact Us' page (kindly linked by Laura) for them to sort out the font size issues that they caused on your site - hopefully they will put in all the hard work on your behalf. If they don't then please let us know on here. I think it's quite important that we all know what's going on with Yola's reaction to this so we can all decide if Yola is the right place to host our sites going forward.

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I Think it is better if I do this myself - I am about 1/4 of the way there on one website - haven't even looked at the others yet - what a bloody mess. For the LOVE of GOD please do NOT do this again... nightmare, headache, stress, nervous breakdown...etc....

Melynda von Wayward

• 15 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The main problem now is the HTML - every time I try to add some it goes to a different font and I have trouble getting to the font and size I want.... I have to click 3 or 4 times and try different browsers.....not happy....
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Melynda

Do you refer to the HTML of the Text Widget (HTML Code Widgets should not be affected by the rollback)? If so, I'll be happy to look into this for if you give me as much detail as you can:
  1. your URL (even if you provided it before), if your site is unpublished, I'll need the website name and your login e-mail (no passwords please)

2. name of the page with a Text Widget that can serve as an example

3. What would you like to change about the Text Widget, using the HTML?

4. description of what code you add to the HTML of the specific Text Widget

Thank you for working through this with us.