background image

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I would like to know how come I cannot put my own image as background...
Photo of balckcode1

balckcode1

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Nathan

Nathan, Champion

• 3739 Posts
  • 307 Reply Likes
Hi balckcode1,

It depends on what style you're using. You are most likely using a style that doesn't allow changing the background. If you change your style to a style that supports changing the background image, you will then be able to do this.

If you want to change your style, please follow these steps.

1. Click on "Style"
2. Then click on "Change Style"
3. Find a new style, and then click on it
4. A preview will come up, if you like how it looks with your site, simply click on the blue "Continue" button

You can see all of the Yola Styles and filter out certain ones on the Yola Style Gallery.

I hope that helps!

Nathan
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello balckcode1,

Just to follow up on Nathan's response, you will know if you have a style that has a customizable background by going to the "Style" button. If the words "Edit Background" is NOT greyed out, then this indicates you can change your background. Please take a look at our tutorial for steps on how to accomplish this.

Please let us know if you need further help.
Photo of balckcode1

balckcode1

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I hope so to...i am bragging up this site...lol but yeah I will look into this and read the tutorials...Thanks people!
Photo of balckcode1

balckcode1

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ok now we are rockin and a rollin...so far I am impressed...long as I can edit my html we are in the money...yeah! Again thank you very much sanja and nathan...