Bad day for picture upload or Yola servers overwhelmed???

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Images on my web site take too long to upload

Hi, today I'm having a problem with uploading pictures - does anyone else having that?? It usually works fine, but today I cannot upload any pictures from my computer to my Yola shop :(
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Magdalena,

How big are your image files?

For store products something in the order of 20kb- 40kb is sufficient
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
34kb and 5kb
I've never had that problem before and was able to upload even much bigger images. I also have plenty of space - currently usea about 11Mb out of 5120Mb
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Magadalena,

Suspect it was associated with the roll out yesterday. Is it OK now?
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Gop,

Thanks hun, but unfortunatelly no, it's not OK now :(
I noticed admins made some changes to the system, so I thought I should give it a few days for all updates & changes to be completed, but it's been 4 days now and it's not getting any better.
What is happening is that when I want to upload a picture from my computer ( be it as a banner or a picture inserted in the text or you name it) I click upload new picture and fine - it opens the window in my computer so I can choose the picture I want and click "Upload" and...NOTHING :( I've tried to upload pictures from the level of "new picture", then from the level of "browse uploaded pictures" (you have an option ther saying "upload" so you can then upload something new) and then from the level of file manager, where you can also choose to upload a new picture and still nothing. I'm really fed up with it, I have no knowledge about any other levels that I could upload the picture from so PLEASE...
...COULD ANY ADMIN GO TO MY ACCOUNT AND CHECK IT FROM THE INSIDE????
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
I really need to uploda those pictures to keep my websites up to date!!
BTW - I've got 2 sites running and the third one I'm building - and I've got the same problem on ALL OF THEM.

Thanks in advance.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Magdalena,

Hope this will pass.

It's always worth trying the "clear your cache" routine as sometimes this corrects issues like this.
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks Gop. How do I clear the cache??
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Here's the Google roundup on this Magdalena: Clearing Cache and Cookies
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thank you Gop...
I'm affraid I'm like a child in the forest :(
I've cleared my cache and I've cleared my cookies and...still nothing. I still cannot download those pictures.
Admins ignore me :( I've asked yesterday if an admin could go into my site and check the problem from the inside, but instead of the answer I had my topic removed...
I'm really deeply fed up by now
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello ficulka

Please note that your post wasn't removed, but moved to another thread which is general good practice to collect posts reporting the same problem in order for you to see the replies and solutions we have already given.

Please go on posting on this thread: Images take too long to upload
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your reply.
I didn't mean to be unplesant saying my topic was removed, but I couldn't find it even with the search engine provided. Never mind. You inspired me yesterday saying you couldn't replicate my problem and I was really fed up with being unable to upload those pictures, so I re-configured all the elements in my computer I could think of. Don't ask me, what was wrong, as I don't know, but the most important thing is - it is WORKING now with no problems. So obviously there was something wrong somwhere in my system, although computer was working fine and I had no problems apart from uploading the pictures.
Well, you learn something new every day I guess...
The biggest "thank you" goes to Gop for a patience and the will to help everybody!!! Thank you especially for your help in my topic regerding Yola e-commerce! Much, much appreciated :)
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Magdalena,

Congratulations for persisting and working out the issue. It would be ideal to know why but this really does happen from time to time. It's good to move on and continue to your goal.

This community offers an inestimable level of support and it works well on the simple strategy of "know one, teach one" it keeps on going and many benefit.

This is all really valuable experience you're gaining and I wish that you can be involved when the day arrives that you feel you have solutions to give to others. The same or different.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
So glad to hear you are able to upload photos again Magdalena, I know that was a long, frustrating ordeal for you!
Photo of ficulka

ficulka

• 23 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Thanks for your help and support, much appreciated! All working fine now :)
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Happy to know it's resolved and that you can go on working on your Yola website. I know this kind of things can just drive one mad. Please let us know if you have any questions or problems in future.