Banner question

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
I'd like my banner to be higher up the page - so that there's less white at the top of the page. I really like the style (burlap) and don't want to change it. Can anyone come up with some code I can add?
Photo of dyfed

dyfed

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of dyfed

dyfed

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry - my site is dyfedwynroberts.org.uk
Thanks!
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Dyfed, hello there. The banners are 'locked' into position on templates. Suggest you change from burlap to the free 'clean slate' template, as you are not using the background of Burlap anyway. This is one of the best if you wish to have a nice 'clean' page to work on, and you will see that the actual banner of this template is right at the top - you can insert yours into that. Or if the banner is too high, and which may be better for you, do as I do and insert a banner matching your page (in your case white). Then put the actual banner you have designed into a text box and adjust the top margin to bring up that text box higher on page, ie instead of '0' put '-24' etc.Believe this should help you out (I hope).
Unfortunately at present Yola do not offer 'bannerless' templates.
Comment to Yola: Please, Yola if you see this would you take that suggestion into consideration???
JC
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
We do offer some bannerless styles such as SqueakyClean and NoFrills.
Photo of dyfed

dyfed

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks, JC. I just wanted my banner a little higher up the page - it would look better I think. Don't quite like the bannerless styles. Sorry for being so picky :-)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello dyfed

You can try adding this piece of code to your site:

<style type="text/css">

div#heading h1#sys_heading {
line-height:15%;

padding: 0px 0 0 0px;
}

div#heading {
height: 0px;
}

#navigation div {

line-height: 15%;

padding: 0 0px 0 0;
}
</style>

I recommend upgrading to Yola Silver so that you have easy access to our Site CSS and make these changes site-wide!
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Sanja,Oh dear looks like I was doing the 'long way round'. Also wondered if that was possible. great piece of code.
Photo of dyfed

dyfed

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'll the extra code first, Sanja! Thanks for your help.
Shame the CSS changing won't availabel to those of us who don't pay. Would it make a big difference to your business plan if it was?
Photo of JC

JC

• 354 Posts
  • 15 Reply Likes
Sanya, oops. Forgot the Squeeky clean/No Frills ! Late at night!
Photo of dyfed

dyfed

• 55 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The code works well, Sanja. Thanks so much for your help.