Benefits of having a premium account?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
Ok I searched and would like to have a more direct answer as to what the benefits are of having to pay for a premium account to host my site? Lets not sugar coat anything. I like to be told the entire truth and not worked around like a car salesman. Im aware that there are some more template designs available.

Besides this in the FAQ:
# The ability to create up to 25 sites in your account.
# Individual file uploads of up to 100MB.
# Total storage of 5GB per site and 125GB for all the sites in your account.
# The Yola Link removed from any free style you use in your account.
# One Premium Style credit. This credit can be used for all the sites in your account.
# The ability to upload HTML, Javascript and CSS files.
# Credits for services from iStockphotos, Facebook Ads Trial and Yahoo! Search

Can you:
upload and use your own templates(purchased or downloaded from elsewhere)?
have email addresses linked to your website?

If I have any more questions I will just reply back.

I would like existing customers to answer this with your thoughts as well.

I'd rather leave out opinions and stick to the solid factual information.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and respond.

Mike
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • contemplative

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting! I'm sure there are other people who may have similar questions :)

To answer your questions:

1. Upload and use your own templates(purchased or downloaded from elsewhere)?
This is not possible on Yola - you can edit your style with your own CSS or by changing banners and backgrounds: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/persona.... You may find our style guide useful: http://www.yola.com/yola-style-guide.

2. Have email addresses linked to your website?
Email is not included with Yola Pro because an email service requires a professional domain which is also not a feature of the bundle, domains are sold separately.

If you need a domain name for your site, you will need to purchase this in addition to Yola Pro, or you can use a free Yola account and still purchase a domain if you wish to. If you would like more information on purchasing a professional domain here is a link to our tutorial: http://www.yola.com/buying-your-domai....

When you buy a domain name from Yola we provide you with full DNS management, which includes the ability to set up email addresses linked to your domain. You can do this with the email service of your choice. We recommend Google Apps as a really easy to use option and you can have up to 50 email addresses with a free account! We have a tutorial explaining the steps to setting up your email address with Google Apps or Windows Live, please click on this link: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/creatin....

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for that. It makes alot of sense. And I am contemplating a domain name. What else is included/involved with that?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
Hi Mike,

For me the best part of Yola Pro is the ability to upload CSS, html and java files. I have found this very useful, both in tidying up my pages and giving me site wide style control.

Lee. http://hexham.info
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Mike

The FAQ you quoted outlines the full list of benefits available with Yola Pro. That list is the entire truth and are not any additional benefits that we have concealed from you.

When you say you are looking for a more direct answer, are you asking if anything has been left out, or are you wanting to know why the items listed are beneficial? Could you clarify this for me, as I would like to provide the most direct answer possible.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I guess I would like some of those elaborated more. Like if I have a premium account why is that so much better than the free account? For someone who is just starting out in making their own website's would it even be beneficial for them to spend the $49.99/yr.? How would the following be something that I would NEED?
# One Premium Style credit. This credit can be used for all the sites in your account.
# The ability to upload HTML, Javascript and CSS files.
# Credits for services from iStockphotos, Facebook Ads Trial and Yahoo! Search

What I am really after is what can actually be done with Pro?
I dont know much about flash, CSS, etc. I am learning as I go. I would rather do everything myself because if something doesnt look how I want it to than I know I can change it (or atleast try to alter it) and I like to take pride in my work.

If I had a trial period (even if it were one day) and I knew exactly how to use all the features that PRO was to offer than I guess I wouldnt have as many questions, but without being able to use it I want to ask questions about it before I spend the money and not be satisfied with what I purchased.

Thanks Monique !!!
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
How about this idea. On my site I would like to have a picture of my car. I would like to create something where I can change the color of my car to different ones and be able to drag and drop (or just click) the other options that go with the tail lights in order to give the customers a user friendly and visual perspective of what they are intending to buy.

Would this be able to be accomplished using pro or is that just using flash and then uploading it to my site? In which case I need a Pro account to upload the files?
Photo of lambofgod

lambofgod

• 875 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
You want to change the color of your car in the picture? If so Photoshop or an advance picture editor is needed.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
What I am trying to do is to take an existing picture, edit it a tad (for a starting point), and make the image interactive so users on my website can change the color of the car (from a selection on the side of the image), change the tail lights with custom designs that I currently sell (from another selection on the side/bottom of the image).

I am still relatively new to the whole making a website deal. I have no formal classroom experience in this area, but I do learn fast.

What I am looking for is the program needed to create such a project as well as a good tutorial on How To! And I would like to know if I can do this with Yola Free or do I need Yola Pro to put this on my site?

What I want to do is similar to the car program you can download to change a vehicles wheels, tint, graffics, etc., but I want to design it so that it has JUST my car there and it ONLY Changes the tail lights with the designs I offer. Or like this plug in: http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.c...

I know that there are numerous ways to skin a cat, but I am looking for the most effective, cleanest and professional LOOKING way to do so. By professional looking I mean I dont want it to look like I just finished it with paint.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I'm sorry Mike but I am not able to answer your question on this. This does seem quite advanced. I would try googling it and seeing what kind of programs may offer what you're wanting. I'm hoping that some of our more advanced users may be able to bring you some suggestions.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks. I have been searching for ever and can not find anything that is exactly what I am looking for.
Photo of nick

nick

• 154 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
mike you would need yola pr since what you are talking about would need you being able to upload js files to the file manager

That project you are talking about seemd like something you would have to desing yourself or have a programmer do for your site. it would cost money to do that.
Photo of mike

mike

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to do this myself, but I can not find any info on even where to start
Photo of ourmallory

ourmallory

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Mike posted:
"Can you:
upload and use your own templates(purchased or downloaded from elsewhere)?"

That's the EXACT question I asked Support before purchasing PRO. They told me "yes". That really pisses me off. I spent the $49 specifically for that reason!
Photo of Marije

Marije

• 4636 Posts
  • 237 Reply Likes
Hi ourmallory - we would like certainly like to see the thread where you were told that you could upload your own template - could you post it here? If was on an email, please forward it to support@yola.com to my attention where we can address the issue.
Photo of nick

nick

• 154 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yahoo credits are free already so why offer them in pro? Yola doesnt give those to me yahoo does for a 1st time sign up