Best SEO optimization for Yola / Ecwid combo

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I use a combination of Yola and Ecwid. Both paid subscriptions. It seems odd to me that, given the current partnership between the two companies, that Yola does not offer a module for Ecwids "inline SEO". Very discouraging.

It looks like my best option for SEO with my site would be to make a dedicated page for every catagory and product that we offer. See this link for details http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/15853308/SEO

This is a daunting task and could easily be cured if Yola would provide a module for Ecwids "Inline SEO" function.

Two questions:
Am I considering the best method to optimize SEO?
When does Yola plan to offer a module for Ecwids "inline seo" function?
Photo of ken Watts

ken Watts

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi ken,

We actually do have some ideas in mind for how we can incorporate a solution to work with Ecwid and their "inline SEO" and a feature request has been logged for that. I added your comments here to that request. We are currently working on some other SEO related features and do see the value this could add for our members but I do not have a timeline for when this might be implemented to share with you currently.

Your proposed solution does look to be your best bet in the interim. Should you give it a try we'd love you to share your results here.
Photo of ken Watts

ken Watts

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Laura-
Thank you for the reply. I do hope that Yola makes use of Ecwids inline SEO very soon :)

Ken
Photo of gewgaw.co.uk

gewgaw.co.uk

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hello,

Is there any news on getting the inline SEO working yet? Going back to manually creating individual pages in order to be indexed by the search engines is NOT an option - it was one of the main reasons for migrating to ecwid in the first place. Is there not a way for your developers to implement the php manually on an individual basis?

We're pretty frustrated as we think we have a great site but few people are able to find us and I'm guessing there are lots more like us!
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We don't have anything new to repot on this yet, but I can confirm that we did meet with Ecwid recently about future enhancements to add to our Online Store implementation and this was high on the list.
Photo of sofia

sofia

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Please can you put this on very top of the list as this is a very serious disadvantage for Yola/Ecwid stores. I have only just discovered after putting alot of work into the site and also after paying for the Gold subscription with the seo option, that this is a huge brick wall. I was more optimised with the free site and now every product page is undetected!
Hi, Ecwid has recently enhanced their "Inline SEO" functionality, and still we are unable to leverage it. Lets get this done ahead of fancy menus and so on please.
Photo of Klaus Kohlmayr

Klaus Kohlmayr

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi all, I absolutely agree. This is putting retailers using Yola at a disadvantage...especially during the busy pre-christmas shopping season.
Photo of gewgaw.co.uk

gewgaw.co.uk

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
What's the update on the ecwid SEO situation? It's been over 6 months now and no update?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello gewgaw.co.uk

We are in touch with our Online Store partner ecwid about improving Yola Online Store, and it's on our list for this year. However, I can't make any promises in terms of particular features or timewise. As soon as we can, we will update you on this forum.
Hi, Ecwid is not the issue here, the issue is how Yola integrated Ecwid.
Photo of Joon Yen Leong

Joon Yen Leong

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes i just notice about this too after signing up the Ecwid. We have great site for e-commerce but due to unable to implement inline SEO, I can hardly get customers. I am shocked this issue has been more than 1 year, any update yet?
Photo of sofia

sofia

• 7 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Sadly too late for Yola, as I've decided to transfer site and now started using Wordpress. Hopefully won't take long to transfer the site but seems easy enough so far. I have already integrated the ecwid store and now have to make all the pages again.

Thanks for listening to your customers, Yola ...it would have been a lot fairer to make it clear that Yola/ecwid stores are not google friendly as I feel I have wasted a lot of time filling in alt tags etc within the ecwid widget that are not even seen.
Photo of Klaus Kohlmayr

Klaus Kohlmayr

• 1 Post
  • 1 Reply Like
Unfortunately same here - we have moved to Bigcommerce which is a bit more complex but also has more features..store is closed for the moment but should be opening in the next 60 days again.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Looking forward to seeing your site live Klaus. Your previous site was beautiful and it will be great to see this creation. Sorry that the Yola Online Store didn't work out for you.
Photo of gewgaw.co.uk

gewgaw.co.uk

• 20 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Can we have an update about what's happening about providing search engine visibility for ecwid and online store users?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello gewgaw.co.uk

Thank you for following up. At the moment there aren't any news on this matter. As mentioned above, we will update you on this thread as soon as there are some.
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello everybody

I'm very pleased to announce that we've massively improved SEO for our Online Store. Your products will now be part of your sitemap and will even show in their respective categories. For more information, please see our canonical thread on this matter: Is the Online Store SEO-friendly?.