Blog gone missing

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Hi guys, I have just signed up for my second yola account to produce two charity websites for bath rugby club. I am trying to setup a blog on this and the option to choose between a blog or a normal page is no longer available?

Any ideas?

luke@lsgcreative.co.uk
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
www.bathrugbyfoundation1.yolasite.com is the current subdomain test site
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello Luke,

I have just tried this as a new page addition to a test site I have and the function appears as an option:

Is this now available for you or still not appearing?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Luke,

We recently removed the ability to add a blog page to new accounts. Existing members can still add a blog page but as we have de-prioritized the blog we removed it for new users.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
So what does that mean for existing subscribers? is this an imminent cut of the blog altogether?

I also don't recall seeing this announced.

Do you realise how unsettling this is for people who have long standing blogs?

It really is time to bring back a download facility in so that at least we can save our hard work rather than being told one day...It's finished!
Photo of KanThaiDecor

KanThaiDecor

• 2402 Posts
  • 263 Reply Likes
Like 4 years invested in a blog?
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
We have no intentions of removing the blog feature for legacy users, specifically because we respect the amount of time and effort you have already put into it.

Should we ever were to contemplate this we would have a detailed communication and migration strategy in place in order to minimize any impact this would have on our members. Of course, this is purely hypothetical as we intend to allow for the continued use of the blog platform.
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys, Seeing as i am a legacy user, just now with a second account, can I get this re-activated? If YOLA aloud third party logins this wouldnt have been a problem, but I need the blog functionality to complete the website... and to allow them to edit the website themselves upon completion,

www.bathrugbyfoundation1.yolasite.com

luke@lsgcreative.co.uk
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Luke,

Your best bet for a new blog maybe the Tumblr widget whichis available for all subscriptions.

If you ever need to, you can transport the Tumblr blog over to another platform, it has many more blog features that the current Yola blog.
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I need it to be unassociated sadly - thus me trying to use the yola one. thanks though
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Lost on that Luke.

Do you mean a brand on your blog?
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yes - it needs to be a blog unassociated to tumblr or blogger etc - unbranded
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Luke,

I certainly understand your point however while you are indeed a legacy user, your new account is not a legacy account. We are unable to enable the blog on it but you are always welcome to create a new website in your legacy account, which again, will allow you to continue adding blog pages. If you are a Yola Silver user and have exceeded your 25 website limit let us know, we might be able to assist you further via email support.
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I dont think you understand the point - I am building a website on a seperate account so that the future owners of the website have control over the content, I can not hand over my legacy account details can I?

I Personally think its ridiculous, when blogs are so important for websites these days, and the fact you STILL dont allow multiple logins for yola sites. Producing 25 static websites is pretty much pointless when editing content is so important to people and SEO these days.

Unless something is done soon, I will be migrating my accounts and my websites.

Regards,

Luke
Photo of luke sartain

luke sartain

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
:(
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Luke,

Seems as if you are blocked at each corner on this issue. It is frustrating when you can see straight forward solutions but unable to get there.

I have been trying to think of a way around this issue and wondering if it's the branding on publication that is the issue? If so there may be solutions to this. Happy to go further if you wish.

Gop.
Photo of John

John

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Why can't I make a blog?
I am not given the option to choose a blog page!
My website is: www.sonsofpitches.co.uk

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
WHY CAN'T I CREATE A BLOG PAGE!.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi John,

We have removed the blog feature for new accounts as detailed further in the comments above. Legacy accounts can continue to add blog pages but new accounts do not have the ability to do so. We suggest making use of our Tumblr widget.
Photo of Lesley Burton

Lesley Burton

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I have been unable to access the blog function all day to edit or create a new one. Please advise?

Regards,
Lesley

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Unable to Access Blog Function.
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Lesley,

As indicated in the official reply above, we have removed the blog feature for new accounts. Legacy accounts can continue to add blog pages but new accounts do not have the ability to do so. We suggest making use of our Tumblr widget.