Blog post titles don't match correct text!!

  • 1
  • Problem
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • In Progress
The titles of my blog posts no longer match up to the correct text!! This only just happened after I added my latest post. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks!! (my site is www.mongolramblers.co.uk)
Photo of Tom Davis

Tom Davis

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused and fustrated

Posted 7 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Tom,

I am sorry to hear that this is occurring. I've attached a screenshot of what I see. Can you please take a look and let me if this is correct? I am not sure I am seeing the issue and would like to get further clarification.



Many thanks for working with us on this.
Photo of Tom Davis

Tom Davis

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hello Sanja,

Thank you for your response, I think the best way to see the issue is like this:

On your screenshot the second blog post has the title ‘Steering bushes, coil springs and brake discs...’ and the text is ‘Seeing as the Mongol Rally is not (technically) a rally...’ but if you click on this post you can see that the text that should go with it is ‘Yesterday was a busy day for the little Fiesta...’.

If you then click on ‘A car insurance minefield’ under Recent Posts you will see that this is the title that the ‘Seeing as the Mongol Rally is not (technically) a rally...’ text should come under.

Basically by navigating through the Recent Posts (where the titles and texts are in the right order) you should be able to see that the posts which appear on the main page do not match these.

Does that make any sense?!

Many thanks!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

  • 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Tom,
Sanja is not currently online, when she returns she will be able to follow up with you on this. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Tom Davis

Tom Davis

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Emmy, thank you for letting me know.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Tom,

Thanks for your patience. I took another look at your site and noticed that the page now appears to be showing correctly? I've attached a screenshot of this. Please let me know if the problem appears to be fixed up?

Photo of Tom Davis

Tom Davis

  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
If you look at the post 'Jigsaw FM will be sponsoring the Mongol Ramblers!!' you will see that the text is actually from the post 'A car insurance minefield' - you can check this by looking at the individual posts under Recent Posts.

Also, I have set the page to display 10 blog posts but it is only displaying 3?
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Tom,

I now finally see what you're talking about! I apologize that it has taken me awhile to see this.

It looks like you have text copied and pasted from MS Word onto your blog page. We need to advise you that when you copy and paste rich text directly from MS Word (or another word processor) onto your site, this brings along a whole lot of unwanted formatting that is not web friendly and can easily break your page. It can also cause your blog page to show up inconsistently in different browsers. The problem might not always show up immediately, but sometimes it happens after you save and navigate to a different page or log out and log in again. To avoid display and loading issues, the best alternative is first to paste your text into Notepad (in the accessories folder of your computer) and then paste it as plain text onto your Yola page. You can then use the blog's Text Editing Toolbar to format your text as desired.

Please note that this would be the case with any browser-based text editor you might use, not just Yola. It is a universal website building problem. It's also always a good idea to keep a copy of your text in a .txt file from Notepad so that you have a backup copy kept on your PC. The solution in this case is to do the following:
In your Sitebuilder, click on your blog post title.
1. Copy the text in your blog post and paste into Notepad.
2. On the blog's Text Editing Toolbar, click on the HTML button.
3. Delete all the existing text and code.
4. Copy the text from Notepad and paste into your blog post editor.
5. Use the blog's Text Editing Toolbar to format your text as desired.

You can also use this Text Editor to format and spell check your text and strip out MS Word code. It will generate valid markup which you can safely paste into the blog post.

Once this is addressed, I believe that this will also fix up the issue you're seeing with the number of blog posts displaying.

Please do let me know how this goes!