If you need support from Yola please contact us via email@example.com or make use of our live chat service! We are working on a new approach to community-based support and during this transition period we are not adding any new threads to this forum. Many thanks to everyone who has participated over the years and we look forward to unveiling a new peer-to-peer support system soon!
Synthasite allows you to create a private website, or make part of your site private by password protecting certain pages on your site.
What this feature allows you to do:
1. Assign a single log in ID (username) and password to your site.
2. Choose whether you want to lock (password protect) all the pages on your site.
3. You can then share the log in ID and password with people you want to give access to the protected pages.
4. When they access those pages they will be asked to type in the log in ID and password before being given access.
What this feature does not do:
1. Allow people to register for a username and password on your site. This is a registration feature which we hope to release in future.
How to use the Password Protection feature:
1. Click on the Site Manager tab
2. Click on "Site Password Protection" underneath the list of pages of your site
3. Add a login and password and tick the pages you would like to protect
4. You can easily protect all your pages by clicking on "Lock All" or take off the password protection by clicking on "Unlock All"
5. When you create a new page, you will see a check box in the new site dialog that gives you an option to protect (lock) the new page.
6. Preview your protected page to see what the log in form will look like and to test your log in and password
7. To make the change effective on your live site, click on the yellow 'Update my Site' button