Buying a domain Name

• Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I have built a website on my yola account and i want to get a domain name for it. If i buy the domain name thing for $34 a year will i still be able to edit with the tools through yola and how many pages can i have?
Photo of Arthur

Arthur

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 9 years ago

Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello Arthur,
Absolutely! If you purchase a domain name from Yola you can use the tools in the Sitebuilder and your site can have as many pages as you would like!

You might also be interested in our Yola Silver package which includes a variety of great features including a custom domain name, unlimited access to the Premium Style Library, removal of the Yola Footer from all of your sites and much more. If you'd like to learn more about this please see: Yola Silver FAQ.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Emmy
Photo of Arthur

Arthur

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay so i can by lets say www.somewebsite.com through yola and it puts my site I've already created on it? and i can just go to www.somewebsite.com to view it?
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Yes, you are right!
Photo of Arthur

Arthur

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Okay great! I just bought my domain and it is all set up. When i go to my domain it redirects me back to my .yolasite. Is this normal? If so is there any way to keep it masked under the domain site?
Photo of Justine

Justine

• 751 Posts
  • 45 Reply Likes
Hi Arthur,

If you've published your site to your own domain and it is redirecting to your Yolasite subdomain, here's how to change it so that the subdomain redirects to your top-level domain:

1. Login to your Yola account and make sure you are on the "My Yola" page.
2. Click on "Advanced settings" next to your site name.
3. You'll be directed to a page where you will be able to choose the "primary domain". This is the domain that you would like other domains published on that site to redirect to.

Please let us know if this fixes the problem!
Photo of Arthur

Arthur

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Everyone! I got it up and working!
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Wonderful, we're glad to hear it!
Photo of Matt Chadwick

Matt Chadwick

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have just had this very problem, but when i follow the above steps, the page forwards to "include www. prefix in address" and whatever i select from this point results in the site defaulting back to the .yola domain!

my site is www.esdcs.org
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hello Matt,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. When visiting your site online, I am seeing it redirect to the yolasite subdomain. Please follow the steps Justine has provided above in regards to choosing which domain your site reverts to. If you struggle with this, please let us know!
Photo of Matt Chadwick

Matt Chadwick

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yep, its has worked now! Very strange, i did exactly the same thing yesterday and it wouldnt work!

Thanks for your reply

Matt
Photo of Brianna

Brianna

• 2045 Posts
  • 92 Reply Likes
Hi Matt,
Sounds like a bit of propagation needed to pass. Glad to hear it has all been sorted :)