CAN I !?!

• Problem
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Solved
HI, I wana use this picture for my site and I kinda edit it, can I use this picture on my site( www.animestarr.co.nr ) cuz it says copyright 2004-2007 what does that mean ? so can I ?
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
  • FRUSTRATED

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Karen

Karen

• 27 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
From everything I read you need the person's permission to use any copyrights and they are usually pretty decent about it especially if you offer to put a link on that page that will take others to their sites in return!
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
If it says copyright then it means that you must contact the person who created the picture and ask for their permission to use it.
Photo of ralahinn1

ralahinn1

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I'm ralahinn1( I just found out about your site and have contacted you on "yahoo answers" and a few other places. Send me a copy of the image you want to use( ralahinn1@yahoo.com) and be prepaired to answer a few questions for me, and I'll let you know if you can safely use the image or not.
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thank you for wanting to help ralahinn1, but I posted this question long time ago and I just decided to not use the image. (and I did not get any messages on Yahoo ! Answers)
Photo of ralahinn1

ralahinn1

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lol, I answered a question from someone who says his site is"animestarr.co.nr". I'll put a general answer here on images. Most of they images that you find on the internet you can use as long as you give credit to the owner of the images( if known). Some companies restrict use of some images on"paid" sites. Big companies( like Square Enix) keep a tight reign on most of their copy rights, and if you violate it( and they don't like it) you might get a "cease and desist " letter telling you to remove it.( my daughter got notice that something she made for a website was the property of a certain company, but they allowed her to keep it up). Most places will work with you when it comes to posting things. Always know for sure who you are dealing with though, because I have heard of some cases where someone told a site to take down something they had up, but they weren't the copyright holders, just some jelous members of another website.
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Thank you for sharing the info.......and could you tell me who was the person who said his/her website is "animestarr.co.nr" if you don't mind.
Photo of ralahinn1

ralahinn1

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
He says he's a staff member. ( he probably just wants to help you)
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Oh yeah...his probably one of my staff members...I hired a couple of people to help me out with my site.
Photo of ralahinn1

ralahinn1

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
he's got a few good ideas
Photo of Kumby

Kumby

• 211 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Do you have a site.....?