Can I build a site without the footer?

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
I just started using Synthasite and I like what I see.

But I don't want my site to show the message in the bottom about SynthaSite or CSS - is it possible?
Photo of ZeH

ZeH

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • anxious

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Hi ZeH,

The inclusion of the link to SynthaSite in the footer is part of the terms of service you agree when you sign up. We do not place banner ads on your site, or charge you for our service. However, we do want people to know about our service and this discreet link in the footer is all we ask of you in return for the opportunity to build and publish a site for free. We hope you can understand our position on this.
Photo of Chris Erekson

Chris Erekson

• 38 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
yeah thats cool
Photo of annoyer707

annoyer707

• 294 Posts
  • 7 Reply Likes
ZeH, its the least Synthasite could do to advertise. you wanna make a big deal about that small text and their service is free!?!
Photo of ywirasin

ywirasin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ruth, is there any option or initiatives to add a "Pro" version that enables us to pay a fee to not have the footer. The additional option might satisfy a few of us who are building websites using Synthasite and are happy to pay for it.

thanks, -m
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
We don't have a "pro" version yet, but I will let our developers know that people are interested in this option.
Photo of ywirasin

ywirasin

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks Monique. Just as another datapoint, Weebly offers that capability and I'm having to consider that option given my managements dislike of the footer that the bottom of the site I designed using Synthasite. Happy to license a CSS template and even pay a nominal fee per month for a custom footer.
Photo of Sean Crotty at SynthaSite

Sean Crotty at SynthaSite

• 46 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes
Hi All,

We have considered that some people do not want the link in the footer, even though it is discreet.

We would like to keep SynthaSite absolutely free to all users, but may have to consider a paid version, if this is a big enough issue for many users.

Then, of course, the question of how much to charge, and how often comes up. And, the link is intended to help build a community of SynthaSite users.

We'd love to hear your suggestions.

Sean
Photo of JonD

JonD

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is a shame that you force the footer but offer no option to remove it (even for a nominal fee)! We of course understand you want to promote your service, but it is questionable why you want to promote it if there is no revenue model for new sites being launched.

Let me pay $24/year to remove the footer, ok? Otherwise, I'll have to switch to another service because I want to use this as my shingle for my new consulting business!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi JonD

I am sorry we don't have the option you need yet. In future we would like to accommodate this requirement, but we are still working on it. We do not have a option to "pay $24 USD a year to remove the footer" at this time, nor am I in a position to tell you how this will work or what the price structure will be when it is available. Of course we would be sorry to see you go and we hope we can find a way to meet your needs before you need to do this.
Photo of Shane

Shane

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yep I would pay for the footer removal option
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hello,

You will be happy to know that the option to remove the Yola Link at the bottom of your page has now been implemented. You can remove the Yola Link (footer) from all the sites in your account for 9.95 USD per year.

For more information, please see: Awesome New Yola Features

Please note: if the style has a credit to the designer, this cannot be removed due licensing requirements. To see styles that do not have design credit, see: Yola Style Guide.

Emmy