can i make my web site look better with out paying so much like $400

• Question
  • Updated 8 years ago
  • Answered
can some body help me make my website look better .im not going to published it yet because it looks bad.help help
Photo of rahimah

rahimah

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • i wish i can get my $50 back yola.com

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
you can however, show us your site without publishing it. It'll help us help you better.

Click the "preview site" button just above the tool bar. It has a blue background. When you preview your site, there is a sitebuilder link in your browser's address bar, copy and paste that here! :)
Photo of rahimah

rahimah

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
o.k so it's not the best im still working on it http://sitebuilder.yola.com/sites/S3/...
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
Ok, the first thing I would recommend is fixing your menu.

In my opinion...

you never want to have a horizontal (side to side) menu with two or more rows (only one). So either make a vertical (up to down) menu or downsize your menu and change the color of your background and/or colors of your links in your menu as they blend in to the background and painful to the eyes. Someone experienced in Yola might want to confirm the following...

try adding the following code to an html widget at the very top of your page...

a:link { background-color: transparent; color: #000000; }
a:active { background-color: transparent; color: #000000; }
a:visited { background-color: transparent; color: #000000; }
a:hover { background-color: transparent; color: #000000; }

and see if that changes the color of your links... the color #000000 is black and can be set if you know the basic scale or can google for hex colors. the first 00 is Red, the second 00 is Green, the last 00 is Blue. If you use FF that is equal to 255 if you were to use the rgb scale which is the maximum number. Therefore, FFFF00 is as if you were to mix red and green evenly. what does red and green make? Yellow (as an example).

Also, change your hours of operation format...

I would bold and make larger (plus 1) to "Hours of Operation"

and then I would correct your alignment.

SAME WIDGET for starters

<!--

<p align="center"><font face="arial" size="4">Hours of Operation</font></p>
<p align="left"><font face="arial" size="3">Monday thru Friday - we are proudly available 9:30 am to 6:00 pm EST</font></p></br>
<p align="left"><font face="arial" size="3">Saturday - glad to serve you 10:30 am to 3:00 pm EST</font></p></br>
<p align="left"><font face="arial" size="3">Please remember to place your order by 3:00pm if you wish to have them ship the same day, thank you for being a valued customer! We hope you'll come back soon!</font></p>

-->

Copy and paste the above html into a text widget's html editor. If there is a slight error in the code, I apologize, it's late and I just wrote this myself!

This is where I would start!

Please feel free to visit my site in progress...

http://1stop-martial-arts.zymichost.c...
Photo of rahimah

rahimah

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
omg donald how can i get you to do my page your good you know i need the help
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
I'll help you out some more at a later time! I'm working on a site which is taking up most of my time... http://1stop-martial-arts.zymichost.com ... diane (girl below) made my banner for me! :)
Photo of diane

diane

• 1238 Posts
  • 121 Reply Likes
You may want to pick a new template--I'm not sure which one this is but it looks to me like something is wrong with it. No Frills may be suitable as I believe it has a vertical menu. Don't use a busy background nor a colored one--I would use white in this case and let your products' color stand out. Those high heels are great but not as a background--perhaps you could use them in a banner. Please don't get frustrated. Most of us here started out with very little knowledge and we've all gotten frustrated sometimes but ended up with great looking sites. Hope this helps!
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
lol, yea, you should've seen my site when it first got started... http://youcanneverbetoosmart.com is how it currently looks, but wasn't even close a year ago.
Photo of Laurynas Savickis

Laurynas Savickis

• 32 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Delete that white text on your main banner,there is no need for it.resolution is verry low and content is everywere but not in place.I am not an expert its just my opinion
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
your first line that says, "you are not fully satisfied....." There's two things wrong with this. One is, you're TELLING the customer they are not satisfied with their products, that's a big mistake... be sure to add "if" in front of it. That "if" is the most important word in that sentence. Another thing, I'm going to assume you're new to formatting in general. It seems you used the space bar to center that phrase. Delete all spaces you added to center that and hit the center alignment button in the tool bar (it's on the same line as bold, italics, etc.) There will be three buttons next to each other they will have several lines in each button. The center align button is the one in the middle. This perfectly aligns it in the center of the widget.

When I have more time, I'll look over your site again...

Better yet, copy and paste the following code into a text widget's html editor...

<!--

<p><font face="arial" size="3" align="center">If you are not completely satisfied with our products or services please email us at <a href="mailto:support@sexiredline.com">support@sexiredline.com</a></font></p>

-->

Be sure not to include <!-- and -->, these indicate a comment and your code wouldn't display correctly.
Photo of Donald

Donald

• 2991 Posts
  • 37 Reply Likes
If I made a mistake in the above code, I apologize, trying to custom write these codes and remember what I was doing in my big complex code has about 50 million codes running through my brain at once! :)