Can I make people pay?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
Hi people! Is it legal to charge "clients" for setting up thier websites via SynthaSite, and if so how much can one charge?
Photo of Trevor

Trevor

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • unsure

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of lisaretief

lisaretief

• 114 Posts
  • 21 Reply Likes
Hi Trevor,

You can charge people for your services any time, and of course they will have to decide whether it is worth it to them or not.

At this stage we do not have a 'certified' network of people we endorse as excellent at making SynthaSites - we may look at such a system in the future. Personally I think it could be a great opportunity for any one wanting to help others create websites.

Just be warned that we intend to make the Site Builder and associated services so easy to use that you will have to become very good in order to add value on top of that.

Good luck, and welcome on board as a SynthaSite user!
Photo of Vinny Lingham

Vinny Lingham

• 65 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Trevor

We absolutely support people using SynthaSite to offer their services to the public. At the end of the day, you're still taking the time, energy and initiative to help build the websites and populate it with useful content and as such, you should be entitled to any fees earned for that time and effort.

That said, we are looking into rolling out a partner support program to encourage this level of partnership.

Regards
Vinny Lingham
CEO
SynthaSite
Photo of Fayzee Z

Fayzee Z

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Vinny -

Have you had an opportunity to implement any partner programs?

More specifically, I'm looking for for software such as this to resell under my domain name - either self hosted or redirected.

Ideally the software could be co-branded or white label.

Thanks!
Photo of Fayzee Z

Fayzee Z

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Vinny -

Have you had an opportunity to implement any partner programs?

More specifically, I'm looking for for software such as this to resell under my domain name - either self hosted or redirected.

Ideally the software could be co-branded or white label.

Thanks!
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Fayzee. This is an option we are looking into for the future. Please email us your details to support@synthasite.com so that we can communicate with you further when a co-branding partner program becomes available.