CAN I OPEN A SHOP HERE

• Question
  • Updated 10 years ago
  • Answered
HI THERE, IVE JUST COME TO YOUR SITE AND HAVE BEGAN BUILDING MYSELF A WEBSITE, I AM FINDING IT VERY USER FRIENDLY AS IM A COMPLETE AMATURE ALTHOUGH ITS A SHOP IM WANTING TO SET UP WITH 'ADD TO CART' BUTTONS, 'SHIPPING' BUTTONS, 'PAYPAL' ETC. DOES YOUR SITE OFFER ME THIS ?? THANKS
Photo of LISA

LISA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • UNSURE

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Adrienne

Adrienne

• 106 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Lisa, Welcome to SynthaSite! I'm so glad you're enjoying using the Site Builder! The short answer is "Yes!" SynthaSite offers these features -- you can add these buttons to your web pages.

The first thing I would want to ask you is: are you already a PayPal customer? You need to have a PayPal account set-up, in order to use it -- you should go to www.PayPal.com to learn more....

I can tell you how our system allows you to add PayPal 'Add to Cart' buttons:

Once you already have a PayPal account and have the code, you need to copy their HTML embed code to add a button.

Then do the following:
1) Drag and drop an HTML widget from the sidebar on the right onto your page
2) Paste the code (supplied by PayPal) over the default tags in the HTML editor
3) Click "ok" and your PayPal button will then be embedded on your page.

You would repeat this procedure for as many items as you want to sell -- in other words, if you have 20 items, you'll need 20 'Add to Cart' buttons. You'll also need to make at least one 'View Cart' button somewhere, so that customers will be able to see the items ordered, their total bill, and give them a chance to continue shopping or proceed to checkout. Again, this code is supplied by PayPal website, click on the Learn How PayPal works link ( https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/web... ) to learn more, and follow their instructions to get started.

Good Luck!

~ Adrienne
Photo of LISA

LISA

• 9 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
THANKS, THATS GREAT, YES I AM A PAYPAL MEMBER SO I'LL GO WITH YOUR INSTRUCTIONS, SHOULD BE PRETTY STRAIGHT FORWARD, THANKS ALOT X
Photo of Julie

Julie

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you!! It works Great!
Photo of Sheila

Sheila

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Lisa
I am interested to know how you got on with the Shopping Cart. I have been asked by a friend if I could creat a website for their new small business venture. It will also require about 200 images of the products they intend to sell. So I am hoping that Synthasite will be a good platform to use.
Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Sheila. You can create a shopping cart using the instructions Adrienne shared above. We are also scheduled to release a Paypal shopping cart feature soon to make this even easier for you. You will be able to upload the pictures of your products as well. See the tutorials on our support page with help getting started: http://www.synthasite.com/support. Get back to us if you have any questions.
Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi.....

Have you released the PayPal shopping cart feature yet?...if so, where do I find it?

Thanks in advance.

V
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Official Response
Hi Vincent,

This feature has been released. You can learn more about it by visiting our tutorial on creating an online store: http://www.yola.com/tutorials/creatin...
Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thanks!!!!

V
Photo of Ruth

Ruth

• 2819 Posts
  • 135 Reply Likes
Happy to be the bearer of good news!