Can I upload videos from my computer files?

• Question
  • Updated 11 years ago
How can I upload a video directly from files on my computer to the site?
Photo of Stealth2000

Stealth2000

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 12 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
Yes you can! Click on "site explorer" in the right hand side bar, and then click on "manage files." You will be able to upload a video file if it is smaller than 5MB and then you can link to it from your site.

Another option is to upload your video on a video sharing service like YouTube and then embed the video on your synthasite using our YouTube widget.

I hope that helps
Monique
Photo of kimalli

kimalli

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
where is the "site explorer" button it's not in the right hand corner of this page!!!
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Monica's screenshots below show you where the file manager is. If you wanted any of the other functions related to the site manager, click on the site manager tab on the far left of the screen directly below the SynthaSite logo.
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Monique's answer is months old. Now you can do the same by, clicking on "file manager".
see this

after clicking on it, you would see a pop up window, like this
Photo of Monique

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Nice support Monica!!! You are right, I wrote that when we still had the old interface. One of the hazards of doing support for an ever evolving tool in a public forum like this.
Photo of Green Girl

Green Girl

• 531 Posts
  • 12 Reply Likes
Thanks for appreciation Monique :-)
P.S: dont be confused with 2 profiles, few minutes ago my niece accidentally pressed 'close my account' button on Get satis. :'(
Photo of Monica

Monica

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Got my old account turned on by request!! Yay!!