Cancelling an active subscription

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I cancel an active subscription ? I have logged on, but I don't have the option to cancel my subscription in my account. I also received an email this morning telling me that my automatic renewal payment would be taken shortly as my year's free trial was ending. I really don't need this now due to illness so would like to cancel, but I can't. Help please.
Photo of Claire McLean

Claire McLean

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Jackie

Jackie

• 640 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
Hi Claire,

I am sorry to hear that you are ill, and we completely understand if you don't want to continue with your subscription. I have reviewed your account and I can confirm that the auto-renewal on your Yola Bronze subscription has been cancelled, and your subscription will expire on the 23 Aug 2012.

Could you let me know if you were able to work out how to cancel the auto-renewal yourself?

Your domain is still set to auto-renew, and if you would also like to cancel this auto-billing, please follow these steps:

1. Login to your Yola account.
2. Click "Domains" on the left-hand menu.
3. Click the "Cancel" link next to your domain name.
4. Follow the steps to make your cancel the auto-billing on your domain.

Thanks!
Photo of Mangoonis

Mangoonis

• 0 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Claire,

I also wish to cancel my forthcoming subscription as I have never actually used the Yola service.

I cannot seem to find the 'cancel subscription' option and when clicking the 'delete account' button I get an error saying I have to cancel my subscription first.

Can you help please.

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Neil,

To cancel your domain auto-renewal:

Click on “Domains” in the left-hand menu.
Your auto-renewal status is indicated under the “Status” heading.
To turn off auto-renewal, click "Cancel" and confirm that you would like to do this.
Auto-renewal for your domain will be canceled.

The domain will remain registered to you until its expiry, and you can continue to host your domain with Yola. When you receive domain renewal reminders, you can ignore them and let your domain expire.

To cancel auto-renewal for your subscription:

Click on "Account" in the left-hand menu.
Click on "Cancel" next to the subscription information.
Confirm that you wish to cancel.
Auto-renewal for your subscription will be removed.

Your account will be downgraded to a Yola Free account and hosting for your custom domain will no longer be active. As you need a Yola account in order to manage your domain, we advise that you keep your account active to enable you to access your domain settings should you wish to do so.
Photo of Michelle Murray

Michelle Murray

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi there! I just sent a message to customer service as I too wish to cancel this account, in fact I thought I had already done that last year (I was surprised to see the auto renew had taken place and had debited my PayPal....I've only built a partial site, and have never gone live. I wish to cancel and delete, but in the domain section, it doesn't give me the option to cancel, only renew. Can you assist, and will I receive my $15,95 back since it's the first day of renew?

Thanks!
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Michelle

Please send us your request via our Contact Support Form, and we'll be happy to assist you further.
Photo of markyboy

markyboy

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have tried to contact customer support several times who have not got back to me regarding cancelling my subscription renewal which will auto renew at 12.00am on 25.02.13 which is under 1hr away. If no one sees this email in time before my account auto renews, if this happens will Yola refund my fees back to my PayPal account.

Please advise

regards
mark
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hi markyboy

How did you contact our Support, via e-mail? Did you mean the 25.01.2013? Unfortunately I wasn't able to look into this because I didn't have any information to locate your Yola account in our system. Please provide the URL of your published Yola website for us to further assist you.

Would you mind sharing with us why you'd like to cancel your subscription with Yola? Do you have any questions or problems we could assist you with?
Photo of neil king

neil king

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Stefan Im trying to cancel my subscription before the 3rd march 2013 can you help please. i want to downgrade to the free site without shopping cart functionality.

Neil J kingk.neil45@yahoo.co.uk

do you need any more information from me to do this?
thanks
Photo of neil king

neil king

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI Stefan Im trying to cancel my subscription before the 3rd march 2013 can you help please. i want to downgrade to the free site without shopping cart functionality.

Neil J king
k.neil45@yahoo.co.uk

do you need any more information from me to do this?
thanks

pps i had to set up a new "satisfaction" account to even make this reply to you as it says my password is incorrect which i know it isnt as i logged in with it about an hour ago. why do yo make it so difficult to delete an account??
Photo of Jan Gray

Jan Gray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah it is hard to cancel account, as it says you must cancel subscription first, yet when I go to where Laura Thomas says, there is no subscription to cancel.. Dah what sort of software is this, the worse I have ever experienced, dont even have a domain name either, site not live go figure lol
Photo of Stefan

Stefan

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello Neil

I'm sorry that you feel it's difficult to downgrade your Yola account. It's not our intention to make it complicated. However, we'd like to make sure that we've answered all your questions or solved problems before you take this step. Also, we cannot process account-related requests on our public Support Forum as we want to ensure that only the real owner of a Yola account changes account-related things and protect our users' privacy. I hope for your understanding and that this makes sense.

That's why I'd kindly like to ask you to send your request via our Contact Support Form, and we'll be happy to assist you further.

With regard to your Get Satisfaction account, I'm afraid that I can't tell you much about why your login failed and you had to create a new account as your account is managed by Get Satisfaction.
Photo of Jan Gray

Jan Gray

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yeah I been trying to cancel subscription too, there is no way to do on the account like Laura Thomas says, I don't even have domain, sent numerous emails to no eval, thought you had 30 day money back guarantee, yet no one seems to be able to cancel, will be telling watchdog in the uk about your fraudulent company, and any other authorities, this is stupid to treat customers like this, I don't have to give reason why I wish to cancel I just want to cancel, as its not for me...
Photo of Laura Thomas

Laura Thomas

• 4536 Posts
  • 211 Reply Likes
Hi Jan,

This is an old thread and the process for canceling your subscription is now to submit a request to support direct.