Cannot Upload Site Like I Did in 2009?

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
Using Yola, I last edited our charity's web site in 2009, downloaded it to my computer, and then uploaded it to the web site www.farmcreek.org, whose domain we own.

I have today made a necessary edit on Yola, and published and tested it on farmcreek.yolasite.com. I tried to find the way to download the site to my computer, but cannot. How do I do this?

Many thanks in advance
Photo of isidey

isidey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hello isidey,

Yola have removed this ability over the last year or so.

There's nothing available to users to enable this requirement unfortunately.
Photo of isidey

isidey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wow.

We have a very significant time investment in this web site, and while it has been stable without need for changes in the last two years, it is frequently visited, and is the corner pin to our charity and our limited fund raising activities. We now need to change our physical mailing address, and need to be able to make some additional edits. To start over a new web site from scratch would kill the charity dead - we no longer have the personal band width.

Can you suggest any other solution to save and use the investment in time that we have had?
Photo of Stefan

Stefan, Official Rep

• 4448 Posts
  • 190 Reply Likes
Hello isidey

As Gop said, this feature is unfortunately no longer available.

What you can do is:
  1. Point your external domain to your website with Yola. To do this, you will need to purchase our Yola Bronze hosting package which is only $4.99 per month, and you can save 2 months if you buy annually.

2. The other option is that you only use your free yolasite subdomain for future republishings of your website.

3. Last option would be to get a site coding expert to edit your site on the server it is currently stored on, and make the desired changes for you.

I hope one of these solutions will work for you.
Photo of isidey

isidey

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Stefan,

Thank you.

I'll figure out a solution from one of your suggestions.