Can't delete folders in File Manager

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Solved
I'm trying to delete two folders in my File Manager and get the "Sorry, something went wrong" message on one of the folders, and although the other folder will delete it keeps reappearing when I reopen the File Manager. I've had a problem with this particular folder reappearing for many months and finally gave up on trying to delete it but would really like to get rid of it.

I've tried clearing cache, using different browsers but keep having this problem.

Please let me know any other information you need. Thanks.
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi farragio,

Have you tried renaming the folder and then deleting it?
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Hi Gop,

That had worked with some other folders but no such luck on these two. I get a "Rename Failed" message.

The folder that keeps reappearing has an ampersand (&) in the file name and I seem to recall having trouble deleting other folders that had it but was finally able to on those. For some reason this one is stubborn.

The other folder won't let me do anything and I keep getting that "Sorry, something went wrong" message.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi farragio,

Thanks for filling that in.

The ampersand is one of those characters that can cause problems in names with the file manager as you have found. I think this is impossible for you to manipulate on your side and think that the best bet would be to ask the Yola people to have a go at it at their base level.

Suggest sending them an email or a message via the contact form. It may be an engineering level solution if that and it allows you to give your site file name etc for security and ownership identity of your account.

I hope you can get it worked out in the end :)
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

• 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Hello Farragio,

Please do send us an email to http://yola.com/support/contact if you are still having trouble with this.
Photo of farragio

farragio

• 90 Posts
  • 9 Reply Likes
Thanks, Sanja, will do.