Changes made on 1 browser - does it translate over to other browsers?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 9 years ago
  • Answered
I seem to recall before Yola did it's most recent update, the changes I made in the site builder in one browser, would carry it's changes over to another browser.

Now it seems that this not the case?

For example, I noticed in FF, the some of my buttons weren't working. I investigated this and found that there was a slight typo. I corrected these errors and updated my site.

Now, I went onto IE7 and wanted to see what my site is looking like and realized that some of my buttons weren't showing up. I looked at the code and then realized that the changes I had made in the site builder using FF didn't carry over to IE7.

Very strange!
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
  • scratching my head over this one

Posted 9 years ago

  • 1
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

  • 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
are you sure you wernt looking at a cached page - IE is famous for it.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

  • 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
try closing IE or clearing the history then try again
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
I cleared out my cache and logged out (not that logging out should affect the published version). I logged back in and the changes I made in FF are not showing up in IE.

It's not all the changes. Most of the changes do translate but it's just the ones where I changed my typos that don't show up.

I just changed one of my anchor tags to a different location and that showed up fine in both browsers.

It's just strange.
Photo of Sanja

Sanja, Official Rep

  • 10698 Posts
  • 495 Reply Likes
Never mind.. I feel like such a dork! It turns out that I must not have saved the changes that I made cuz I'm seeing the typos in FF too now. Sorry for wasting your time and causing alarm.

Feel free to delete this thread.
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

  • 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
sounds like the publish didnt work properly.