• 1 Reply Like
  • stickin out my tounge

Posted 10 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Hi Ken

I am not sure exactly what problem you are having with your banner, so I am going to post general instructions. If anything is not working as I describe, please let us know what is not working for you so that we can look into it.

SynthaSite offers a selection of styles that allow you to change the banner image. If the banner image can be changed, you will see a white box with an instruction placed over the default banner image.

To change the banner image:

1. Click on the white instruction box that says "click here to change banner image"
2. The file manager will open up that will allow you to browse your computer for a picture to upload
3. When you are done, click "ok" and your own image will replace the default image
4. If the dimensions are not quite right you can fix this by clicking on the "Edit" option in the file manager. You will be able to edit your image in Picnik (Picnik is a web-based image manipulation tool) and it has an option for you to resize your image. When you are done, click "save to SynthaSite" and the new image will replace the old one.

Please note that the white instruction box will only appear in editing mode, and will disappear when you preview or publish your site. Also, you may use the default banner image if you wish.

Let us know if this helps you sort it out or if we have missed the point of your question.
Photo of ken

ken

• 178 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
there is no white instruction box anywhere on the page editor that says change banner image i have published my site though.....

is there anyway to get that box back after publishing your site?
Photo of UK Duke

UK Duke, Champion

• 3321 Posts
  • 213 Reply Likes
you can re edit your site at any time, after you have published just go back to into your site editor,

you can change the banner here:

or here

------------------------------------------------
maybe you do not use a style which allows you to change the banner, if you want a banner try to change the 'style' by clciking on this;

Photo of ken

ken

• 178 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
awesome thanx guys