Changing the listing order of categories on the online store

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Hi. I am having difficulty changing the order or the position of categories of products. The drag and shift feature does not appear to work. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Photo of kirsty morrison

kirsty morrison

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Hi Kirsty,

There's no facility to change the order of the Categories with any inbuilt quick tools. You can however effect it by creating a Category Menu manually and link the categories to these.
Photo of kirsty morrison

kirsty morrison

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ok. How do I create a Category Menu as this is not clear to me anywhere? Thank you. Kirsty
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
This is a process of either using descriptions or images and then linking the Category ID to those as you would for other similar links.

You can find the category ID(s) as directed by this thread: http://kb.ecwid.com/w/page/23947812/H...
Photo of kirsty morrison

kirsty morrison

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry but I have no idea what you mean. Would you mind breaking this into steps for me please? I want to change the positions of the categories and products within the categories on the page. Thank you. Kirsty
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You will need to create a page with images or desriptions of your categories. Then you will need to link the category ID to it's relevant description/image. This then will take a user to that specific category of products.

To find the Category ID you need to follow the instructions on the thread I posted above.

I guess the first question should be: Can you create links through text and images for a webpage?
Photo of kirsty morrison

kirsty morrison

• 19 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm not a web developer, only a Yola customer. I thought the whole point of Yola is that ordinary folk can develop and manage their own website. I was doing ok til I came across this one!
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
What you mention is what Yola is about. I have been a customer for about 18 months or so and have realised that if you want to go beyond the offered modules/widgets and wish to customise them then you have to delve a little bit in some web skills. This is new learning I know, but it's not difficult.

I am happy to work with you on this and teach you some of the tricks needed to do what you wish to do with your store.