• 67 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 11 years ago

Photo of Monique

Monique, VP of Customer Support

• 6294 Posts
  • 446 Reply Likes
Official Response
If you would like a gallery of clickable thumbnails with your own pics, this is what I suggest:
1) Upload the thumbnails with the file manager (you will find it under the "site explorer")
2)Drop a text widget on your page and add the thumbnails by clicking on the "insert image" icon on the text editing toolbar.
3) You can also create pages where full size versions of the images are displayed.
4) To make the thumbnail a link to the full sized image, click on "choose a link" in the properties sidebar and link to the relevant page (or an external URL where the full sized image is hosted)
5)When you are done, remember to go to "Edit Menu" and drag all the pages with the full size images "out of the menu" so that they do not appear in the main menu of your site!

You will then have an attractive gallery of your own photographs.
Photo of wreckfish

wreckfish

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Any chance you could just make it possible for images to be linked to their original files when I upload - the way weebly.com does? Thanks very much.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello Wreckfish,
I am not quite sure how weebly does it? What do you mean by "linked to their original files", do you mean on your computer? Can you tell me a bit more about what you would like to see and I will help if I can.

Thanks!
Emmy
Photo of wreckfish

wreckfish

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hi, thanks for the response - sorry i didn't make myself clear enough. weebly.com and synthasite have so many similarities, including templates, that i guess i assumed they were 'related' :D

what i wondered is if there's a simple way, when one uploads an image, for the image which is often smaller when displayed, to be linked to the original uploaded file (in my synthasite file manager) so that one can click on the smaller image on the page to view the image at its full size.

thanks.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Hello,
No problem! Unfortunately that exact way of doing things isn't possible, but there are some other options.

The Flickr Lightbox widget allows you to quickly and easily create a slick photo gallery with thumbnails that link to larger images. Here's how it is done:

1) In the Content sidebar in SynthaSite, open the Photo Gallery folder.
2) Drag and drop a Flickr Lightbox widget onto your page.
3) In the properties sidebar enter your Flickr account email address (usually a Yahoo! address) in the email address field.
4) In the "Photo Count" field, enter the number of images you want to display.
5) In the "Search" field, enter the tags of the photos you want to pull from Flickr (make sure you have added tags to your Flickr photos or you will not get the desired result).
6) Specify how many columns you want for your photo gallery.
7) Click on the Image Size drop down menu to select small square, thumbnail or medium sized images.
8) Finally, choose between a "modern" or "plain" style for your photo gallery images.
9) Click the "Apply" button to update your photo gallery.

Now save and preview your page. You will have a gallery of clickable images. In the top right hand corner of the large view of the images, click the "next" button to view the next image in the gallery. Click the "Close" button when you are finished browsing through your gallery.

Note: If there are privacy settings on your Flickr photos the search will not be successful. The photos need to be publicly available for it to work.

For some other options such as a Do It Yourself option we have a great tutorial for you to view, please click here: Photo Galleries.

Hope this helps!

Emmy
Photo of wreckfish

wreckfish

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
i can't believe i didn't check this out before i registered a domain with you guys. argh. i wanted simplicity and the ability to be utterly lazy.

my own fault.
Photo of Emmy

Emmy

• 5892 Posts
  • 299 Reply Likes
Sorry I don't have a better option for you at this time. I hope you will be able to make something work. We're here to help you along the way if you need it!
Photo of wreckfish

wreckfish

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
well you could pay for a premium flickr account so i'm not limited to 200 images there ... or you could code and install my gallery for me ... eh, just kidding. i really hope that at some stage synthasite will look at weebly and say - oh wow, we're so similar, we better kick some weebly butt ... because if they can make image handling that simple, i am sure you can too.

no need to give me a tactful answer to the above - thanks for the diplomatic answers and so on.
Photo of wreckfish

wreckfish

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Here's the answer:
Click the image - go to "properties" on the right hand side
Choose link
Select 'file'
Find the original image file and add that link.

Voila.
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thanks wreckfish this was helpful and works perfectly
Photo of Carin Ramverk

Carin Ramverk

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi everyone!
I wonder if there is any way to have a gallery where you have thumbnails or slide-show-picture gallery? I can't find it :( right know my gallery is a total mess: http://ladysarin.yolasite.com (press gallery)

Can I get a tip to make it look nicer?

Love
Sarin

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Slideshow, or thumbnails gallery?.