How do I add comments to my website?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
In my website http://www.janobaghoumian.com/ page ARTICLE the comment form recommended by Yola has been used at the buttom of the text but in some countries that they have heavier filtering without VPN this comment feature is not visible so it does not function without VPN.
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
You may like to consider DISQUS, a well regarded site comment facility which requires some code installation and allows some styling. There's lots of power with a large amount of documentation to help you set it up as you want.
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
i registered there but don't know where to get the comment code?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
(Edited)
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
You see, I want to have a possibility of free comments for all about the text in my Article page as I understand this DISQUS does not do this I need a comment code that works in this  page only about text that I write and put on this website by myself, and needs to work all over the glob, am I clear?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
DISQUS will do that for you. You place it under your article text and people can comment
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
ok I opened the installation instruction that you sentand followed step1 (copy and paste the code in the <html> widget underneat mt text, 
Place the following code where you'd like Disqus to load: 

<div id="disqus_thread"></div><script type="text/javascript">
    /* * * CONFIGURATION VARIABLES * * */
    // Required: on line below, replace text in quotes with your forum shortname
    var disqus_shortname = 'FORUM SHORTNAME GOES HERE';

/* * * DON'T EDIT BELOW THIS LINE * * */
    (function() {
        var dsq = document.createElement('script'); dsq.type = 'text/javascript'; dsq.async = true;
        dsq.src = '//' + disqus_shortname + '.disqus.com/embed.js';
        (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(dsq);
    })();
</script>
<noscript>Please enable JavaScript to view the <a href="https://disqus.com/?ref_noscript"; rel="nofollow">comments powered by Disqus.</a></noscript>

but nothing happened, step 2 is optional.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
OK. See the line:  

var disqus_shortname = 'FORUM SHORTNAME GOES HERE';

You need to replace the FORUM SHORTNAME GOES HERE
with the shortname you created at registration. 
(Edited)
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Great, thank you, I called the short name "JanoAdmin"
Now the comment form is there but when I publish the site and try to comment as a user it shows a button "Post as JanoAdmin" so it seems that who ever does the comment is posting by this name, right? Should I change the name to avoid the confusion of users?
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
That's showing because you are logged into your disqus account on that computer. When I view the facility I don't see that. and I can login with my own Disqus ID 
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Would you like me to make a trial comment? You can subsequently delete it through your admin disqus account.
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
yes please.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Done...short and succinct
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
thank you so much.
Photo of Gop

Gop

• 7473 Posts
  • 2115 Reply Likes
Glad it's all working. DISQUS is probably the best and most accepted commentary facility of the web, besides FB. Integrating FB as a commentary is/was a nightmare.
Photo of Negar

Negar

• 97 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
changed my image again thanks for everything.